Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 12/12 from Seed ?

Thanks

hmm... you've got a point there but i wont even need clones if i just keep flowering from seeds. i can always keep a male in the bunch to produce seed, but the thing is I DONT WANT MY LADIES TO STOP PRODUCING THC FOR SEED TOO EARLY!

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRO-GROW View Post
    hmm... you've got a point there but i wont even need clones if i just keep flowering from seeds. i can always keep a male in the bunch to produce seed, but the thing is I DONT WANT MY LADIES TO STOP PRODUCING THC FOR SEED TOO EARLY!

Do what i sometimes do then if you only want a few seeds.
    Remove the male from the grow room and place him on a sheet of paper on a window sill if the days are shorter than 14 hours or under a 20w CFL on 12/12 in a small box and fold the main stem of branches(which ever is easiest)over so the pollen drops on the paper and not in the soil.You could also take male cuttings and place them in water under 12/12 and thay'll drop pollen after a few days to a week.

After you've collected the pollen take the female your using into the room with the male then take a very fine artists paint brush and dust the buds you want pollinating with the pollen .
    After you've done that leave the female out of the bloom room for 3 days and on the forth day you need to spray the plant with water so its dripping of the plant and every part of the plant is wet,this will kill off any loose pollen that might pollinate the other fems,then place the fem back into the bloom room and 4 to 6 weeks after you'll have some nice dark ripe seeds.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRO-GROW View Post
    , 1.5 - 2 oz per plant on 12/12?!

Yup really, check out my last diary .... with the right strains, lights, nutes etc you can get great results rom going 12/12 but you need to remember thati you do veg the yield will always be a lot more.

for example my 1st grow was an AK48 that was vegged for @ a month and she gave me @ 9.5 oz (wet) from one plant.

so if you have the height & the time a good veg will pay you back.

Quote Originally Posted by marijuanamat View Post
    Do what i sometimes do then if you only want a few seeds.
    Remove the male from the grow room and place him on a sheet of paper on a window sill if the days are shorter than 14 hours or under a 20w CFL on 12/12 in a small box and fold the main stem of branches(which ever is easiest)over so the pollen drops on the paper and not in the soil.You could also take male cuttings and place them in water under 12/12 and thay'll drop pollen after a few days to a week.

After you've collected the pollen take the female your using into the room with the male then take a very fine artists paint brush and dust the buds you want pollinating with the pollen .
    After you've done that leave the female out of the bloom room for 3 days and on the forth day you need to spray the plant with water so its dripping of the plant and every part of the plant is wet,this will kill off any loose pollen that might pollinate the other fems,then place the fem back into the bloom room and 4 to 6 weeks after you'll have some nice dark ripe seeds.

I've heard of this method before & if i was after producing my own seeds this is how i'd do it too ... one day ...

Thanks

Well your height issue is obviously a concern to you but your plants will never develop to their full potential if they are thrown into an accelerated growth pattern like that - causing...and I quote - It's best to veg until there sexually mature and start producing pre-flowers in the vegative stage before flowering them as force flowering them early can cause abnormal growth.

If you really want to have an endless supply then you are looking at the tree and not the forest by rushing to get your hands on the prize. First run with the plant it is very important to let it mature properly so that future cuttings reflect the same developed traits as the mum. These can then be trained to suit your grow space but will throw much superior buds and healthier plants generally to the other option.

With limited head room you can still train the plant sideways in LST until it is developed. If it gets too big just tie her down again.

And an endless supply from seed will take a hell of a lot more space for vegging then clones ever will.

which is why i posted this thread, so ...
    Fair enough and I was a rude prick - apologies
    Tally up how many times you see the same sounding advice on a topic - and that is usually the correct advice.

Midnight - Props on your grows - small spaces bring big problems so yes...you can definitely talk from experience on this subject. No matter - I can't advocate the practice myself.

green_machine
    THERE"S NO EXCUSE FOR IGNORANCE

GROW HARD!

Grow Diary - Celtic Stone & Lemon Stinky & White Russian

Diaper Guest

A well presented argument there GM, one which I could easily get carried away with. I'm a firm believer in letting plants mature before inducing flowering, or even cloning. And not just because it's something I've read. I've experienced first hand, on several occasions what can become of young plants forced into flower. And of course I've seen more than enough pictures of all kinds of freaky looking things that have struggled to do their thing to anywhere near their potential.
    That's not to say it can't be done. As my old mum would say "there's no such word as can't", just that having been down both avenues I know exactly which route suits me sir!

Height is obviously one issue that can be a reason for nil vegative growth, but
    if you're limited in floor space too then surely running clones has got to be preferable. Even if you sexed from seed, took clones and then flowered. at least your floor space, and hence your canopy would be full of lovely buds?
    I don't know the math, but surely 2 grow like that per year would/could yield equal to, or even in excess of sexing from seed?

Interesting stuff, making for some entertaing banter all the same!

Viva la vegative phase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2