Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low Humidity (ways to increase?)

Thanks

Default Low Humidity (ways to increase?)

I recon my plants are suffering from low humidity anyone got any ideas one "cheap" ways to raise the humidity?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

a bowl or 2 of water on the grow room floor,or spray the grow room walls every few hours(just dont hit the light for f##k sake)
    that might help!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanMcPot View Post
    a bowl or 2 of water on the grow room floor,or spray the grow room walls every few hours(just dont hit the light for f##k sake)
    that might help!!

Lol hehe, i was under the impression not to spray during flower?

Sorry probs should have included in my post that i was into flower :P

Thanks

if there in flower you want low humidity to reduce the chance of getting bud rot/mould,what is the humidity/temp at?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

mini fogger 14.99 maplins

Thanks

my meter has died! lol, but its as if the leaves are drying up becoming brittle, here's a pic, my temp has always been solid, and nothing has changed but humidity has always been v.low

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Soul View Post
    mini fogger 14.99 maplins
    ya could try 1 of them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanMcPot View Post
    ya could try 1 of them?
    Nice one, ill pop into maplin tomorrow, and ill go get myself a new meter! whats the ideal humid?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzt View Post
    Lol hehe, i was under the impression not to spray during flower?

Sorry probs should have included in my post that i was into flower :P
    You dont really need to worry about humidity during flower, i run on 0 rh most of the time, for fear of budrot, you'll only lose a whole crop once lol, then you would rather have slightly drier plants that moist ones, thats just my take.

But for an efficient humidity fix, try this...get a 1L pot, and a good piece of heavy cloth approx 12"2, soak the cloth in the water, and use it like a wick, so the cloth is 50/50 in/out of the water, and spread the bit out of the water out, you want to maximise the surface area to get the moisture in the air quickly, that way it has a chance to build up, and effect the air - waiting for it to evaporate from a liquid mass would be, and is too slow of a process to be efficiect.

I run at 0 rh on purpose so i can add as much as i like - its all about control in indoor growing, i get 3 of those 1l pots and cloths in my space, and i can get 60% rh, thats also cause i use a fan heater, that makes for quick dry/evap, however 60% is perfect for veg because i can also spray too, so a good misting takes it up to 80-90% if i like, theres the control again .

But in flower i have it controlled at >30%, and sometimes 0% if its getting a bit colder, as the drop in temps raises the humidity considerably...

Hope the helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starchild View Post
    You dont really need to worry about humidity during flower, i run on 0 rh most of the time, for fear of budrot, you'll only lose a whole crop once lol, then you would rather have slightly drier plants that moist ones, thats just my take.

But for an efficient humidity fix, try this...get a 1L pot, and a good piece of heavy cloth approx 12"2, soak the cloth in the water, and use it like a wick, so the cloth is 50/50 in/out of the water, and spread the bit out of the water out, you want to maximise the surface area to get the moisture in the air quickly, that way it has a chance to build up, and effect the air - waiting for it to evaporate from a liquid mass would be, and is too slow of a process to be efficiect.

I run at 0 rh on purpose so i can add as much as i like - its all about control in indoor growing, i get 3 of those 1l pots and cloths in my space, and i can get 60% rh, thats also cause i use a fan heater, that makes for quick dry/evap, however 60% is perfect for veg because i can also spray too, so a good misting takes it up to 80-90% if i like, theres the control again .

But in flower i have it controlled at >30%, and sometimes 0% if its getting a bit colder, as the drop in temps raises the humidity considerably...

Hope the helps.
    Yeh helps a ton mate thanks, im just trying to get to the bottom of the dryness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast