Thread: Light Distance?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Default Light Distance?

Whats the closest I can have my 400w hps to my plants in flower because I need to set my scrog. I have looked at the Light Distance charts and it says 6" is his correct?
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks

I read a good idea today.

Hold your hand on top of the topmost leaves for 60s - if you hand isn't too hot it's fine for your plants (Think how hot it is outside during midday in some of these countries). If it's too hot, raise it a bit and try again (with your other hand) if it is perfectly fine after 60s try lowering it slightly if you really want to.
    "There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line every day of my life."
    My Grow Diary - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?p=265973#post265973

Thanks

My problem hieght as my grow space is only a meter tall.
    Peace.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muller View Post
    My problem hieght as my grow space is only a meter tall.
    Peace.
    Get a light spreader, a good oscillating fan, and good extraction, and you could go as low as 6-8", i do, but you wont get the spread for the whole scrog if you do that, so i would get the spreader anyways, and aim for 10" - 12" above the tops, you might have to train htem a bit, and tie them down a bit too, but the spreader will give you that bit extra adjustment, and it really does spread the light, i can grow 6 plants in my 1x1x2m tent happily now, without the spreader just the 4...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    I read a good idea today.

Hold your hand on top of the topmost leaves for 60s - if you hand isn't too hot it's fine for your plants (Think how hot it is outside during midday in some of these countries). If it's too hot, raise it a bit and try again (with your other hand) if it is perfectly fine after 60s try lowering it slightly if you really want to.
    Just forget about the hand thing. better to go by light stats.

Thanks

6 is too low with a 400,10 is about right with a fan blowing the tops,thats how mine is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takka360 View Post
    6 is too low with a 400,10 is about right with a fan blowing the tops,thats how mine is.
    10 - 12 was what I were looking at, but if things came to things and I didn't have the room to higher my light they could handle 6" for the last week of flower? fans and intake can be added as and when need for cooling.

Monty Bong Guest

I run a 400w and can get it to about 6" I have a fan blowing directly beneath the bulb, but as Starchild has said, if your growing a scrog then you don't want it that close because it won't cover the whole screen.

Thanks

It just covers the hole screen when at 8" my box is tiny hense the scrog, plus if doesn't i have 2 125w cfl's to go in there.