Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Co2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Default Co2

Any 1 got a tried and tested way of addin co2 to a small grow cupboard?

Thanks

Google 'Yeast co2 cannabis'. That should sort you out.

But in my honest opinion, if you're using a small cupboard thats either in a room with people present or gets even a small amount of air flow (ie. isn't COMPLETELY sealed off like a loft or something) you don't need it. The levels of co2 that cannabis requires is incredibly low. It's just a waste of time.
    200 watt hempy/soil comparison here

How I built my stealth cabinet here.

Thrilling reads I assure you.

Thanks

ive heard of a guy years ago that said he just opened the door now and again and gave a blast with the c02 cannister

but the guy in the shop reckons more ppl have killed there plants failing with it before theyy actually find a proper way
    I Don't Fuck Around

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

I wouldn't fuck about with it personally, especially if you're growing on a budget. Years ago I spent ages setting up a bit of tube with holes in it suspended over my grow & then discharged Sparklets gas bulbs into it to spread CO2 over the plants. Made absolutely no discernible difference whatsoever. TBH if you live in the same house/flat as the grow you'll be personally putting enough CO2 into the air just by breathing. It'll naturally find it's way to the plants if they're getting a decent through-draught of air however large your house. (You don't need to spend time deliberately breathing on them though! LOL! Though it's always nice to spend time with your plants, eh? )

If it's a hermetically sealed room with 400+ plants under lights then it might make a considerable difference to add CO2 but otherwise I'd say it's a waste of time, effort & money.

PS: I'd particularly avoid trying to set up some fermenting bottle of something sugary with yeast. IMO it's just encouraging mould into the growroom.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

I'll forget it , just a thought it makes sense the air in is comming from the house at the mo, nice1

Thanks

good subject though pal....maybe sum more experienced gardner cud do a sticky walk through on using co2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

i know from using co2 in aquatics its a very fidgity thing to use and have killed numerous tanks of fish by over using it We also use to use co2 tablets that you could put under the gravel that would slowly release co2 as and when needed, maybe these could be a safe and easy way of using co2 with growing? i cant see no reason why you couldnt bury them in the soil???? but im to new for trying anything like this, maybe along the line i might do a little experiment with the co2 tablets
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    i know from using co2 in aquatics its a very fidgity thing to use and have killed numerous tanks of fish by over using it We also use to use co2 tablets that you could put under the gravel that would slowly release co2 as and when needed, maybe these could be a safe and easy way of using co2 with growing? i cant see no reason why you couldnt bury them in the soil???? but im to new for trying anything like this, maybe along the line i might do a little experiment with the co2 tablets
    It's not the roots that need CO2 though, it's the leaves. & as CO2 will sink in air you'd have to make sure your growroom ventilation had an updraught. You can try faffing around with this if you want but I wasn't impressed when I did. Just a lot of hassle for no real gain, IMO.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

I made up two yeats and sugar Co2 gadget thingys for my grow room and stuck the tubes that let out the Co2 in front of my intakes and could definatly see a differnce in growth.
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks

Fair enough, Muller, if you've seen it make a difference then I stand corrected. I'd worry about having anything fermenting near your growroom though, especially if you're keeping the humidity up to discourage beasties. Personally I'd be permanently living in fear of bud rot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast