Thread: seeds not making it plz plz help

Thanks

Default seeds not making it plz plz help

alrite every1 , i had a few random seeds about 6 all showed there lil tap roots so i planted them like 3 days ago, had my light on 18/6 (400w hps) since then and i still hadnt seen anything, so me being me had a lil dig and found a seed n it still had its hard shell on n only cracked a few times... ive left the other 5 alone to do there own thing but i very carfuly picked off the left over shell of this one im talking about and its been under the light (with the top of the seedling showing for like 2 days now, and it looks extremely white?:S nothing like ive seen before is this just because of the high power light on such a small plant, plus it hasnt grown AT ALL by the looks of things.... plllllllzzzz help

Thanks

help plz:S

Thanks

someone more experienced will hopefully chip in soon, but meantime..

is your light a good distance away from the seeds? you'll fry em if not mate.
    all you can do is wait and see really, hopefully they wont take too long to germ now. i'd say too much moving the soil around them wont do them any favours though.

all the best with your grow mate
    Last edited by bongojazz; 01-02-10 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks

lights as high as it can go... which is about 90cm from the seedlings but i keeping the grow box door open, i used all my money on the set up and dont get no more for 3 weeks so i really hope they do grow coz will have to wait like a month to get the other seeds planted and the land lord coming over in 10weeks so wud of basicly wasted my money n wud have to wait till after the landlord comes to start growing ARRRGH! thanks for the info tho matey just have my fingures crossed i guess

Thanks

iv read no to use hps on seedlings as it frazzles them, use a cfl until the establish themselves or get some energy saving house bulbs they will do the trick,
    and if your planning on having them finished fom seed in 10 weeks then u gotta go 12/12 straight away and even then will take more than 10, its usually veg for 4-5 weeks and flower can be anywhere between 6 and 14 weeks depending on the type of plant, you can veg for longer or less than that but flower times am a thing u should stick to lol
    oh and just re-read,, did u take th shell of the seed before it had popped? cus if you did its probs dead they shed them by thereself mate sometimes you have to pick them off but if im reading it right youve probs kille it, good luck with the rest of the grow mate
    Originally Posted by wert
    i would slap wayne rooney,but not in a nasty way,just a slap across the face to wake him up and help get his priorities right.
    i would also like to slap kylie minogue but this time in a nasty dirty way on her petite little arse.

god made weed, man made beer.....

who do you trust?

Formally kenus_420

5th grow 1st diary: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-flower-mode-)

Thanks

personaly i'd keep them any where dark damp and warm (same as germinating conditions) forget the light for now, leave them in the dark for a day maybe two and they are bound to show thier lil heads!

Thanks

yeh the one that died (the one i fort i was helping) i moved a bit of the soil away from the top as i relised i put to much over, now ive got a few of them with there heads showing, getting there now i think! maybe it wasnt a complete failure, hopfuly i will start a dairy within a few weeks (when its actuly worth it) keep locked to see! thanks every 1

Thanks

just put your seeds in a small grow pot about 2cm under the soil,then just add water (leave 24 to 48 hours if tap water as its full of added chemicals)___
    Plus dont touch them once they are in the soil...then put in a dark cupboard for a few days and keep soil slightly moist(dont over water them)
    This worked for me
    hope this helps

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

when planting a seed you want to twice the size of the seed deep
    so if the seed is 0.4mm plant the seed 0.8mm

Thanks

Germing seeds the way I do it seemed to work for me:

Take a toilet roll and wrap off a couple of sheets round your hand, say 3 or 4 times.
    Get a tupperware container, like one of those plastic ones you get curry in or takeaway salad.

Lay the tissue in the tub and mist water onto it using a water sprayer until the tissue is moist but not soggy.

Lay your seeds on the tissue paper spaced about 1 inch appart.

Now put the lid on the tuppawear tub and place in an airing cupoard but NOT on top of the boiler.
    Somewhere warm and dark but not excessively hot!

Give the seeds a few days and then check them.
    Check them every few days until you see signs of life.

Once the tap roots appear, transplant them carefully into seedling pots with seedling soil with the tap root facing down.

Keep the soil in the pots moist but not soggy, just a gentle misting now and again as required.
    You can put the pots in a propgator if you wish which will help to keep the seedlings warm and humid.

Seedlings / cuttings require very little light to sprout so you can leave them anywhere where it's light with regular daylight or artifical light but HID lighting like Metal Halide or HPS is overkill.
    As long as its light and they are warm and not drying out, they should pop up into life and you will be seeing those two unmistakable baby round leaves.

Remember, seedlings and cuttings require tender loving care until they are established.
    Once a plant has around 4 or so internodes, you will find them pretty hardy and very tollerant while in veg state.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |