Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: autowatering for soil grow

All over, family house in the Peak district
    Thanks

I have begun to use Autopots, no leccy no pumps just gravity, with reservoirs from 30lt to 220lt though I've adapted a wheelie bin for my res. Then it's just cabbeling for the lights fans and extracter/filter. Piece of piss, must be cause it works for me and I'm a moron.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5skins For This Useful Post:

beansofcheese (29-10-12), crispypancakes (28-02-12), dynodave (19-02-12), Spinner (07-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5skins View Post
    Piece of piss, must be cause it works for me and I'm a moron.

shame this guy got banned, he cracked me up a lot with his one liners.

Thanks

Question Can anyone help me out?

I heard when you cut the bottom leafs, dead or sometimes even living.. That it will give the top more energy and help the top grow moree.. But I was wondering will it use energy to try and grow the leafs on the bottom back? Or will they just stay gone
    Big 801 Familyy

Thanks

You can buy cheap solar panel pond pump kits. If you use this in conjunction with the irrigation plumbing (drip/bleed method) the plants will be watered when your lights come on. Hence the solar cell will activate, power the pump, hey presto we have an automated ecologically sound watering system.

search " solar power pond pumps " on ebay for a reasonable deal.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

I had some space on my Wilma system and had 2 x soil grows (Rocklock) which I placed into the Wilma and spiked with the flood spikes until I had room in another tent, I must admit that my plants grow quickly (faster than normaly) because my Wilma is set to feed every 4 hours for 20 minutes at a time. Has anyone else ever auto fed there soil grows using a Wilma system and did you ever see good gains in plant mass and height...?

Thanks

I built something similar to this ready for my next grow but mine is manually operated instead of timer based.
    Fantastic idea and very labour saving.

I got fed up of sharing water from a 50 litre bin amongst my plants using a wilko kitchen jug by hand lol.

This method also helps to maintain a regular water / feed schedule and makes mixing and delivering feeds waaay more easier!

During my last grow, towards the end, I got so fed up of watering by hand, I just started getting the hose pipe out beacuse getting to water them with a jug was a nightmare.
    I didn't like watering them with cold water straight from the tap but it was either that or they died from thirst or damage to the plant when trying to water with a jug.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

I also had an idea about auto watering system.I think this is great for it.

Thanks

http://www.podington.co.uk/automatic...ering-kit.html

Saw this in B and Q the other week thought it actually seemed quite a good idea it's a bit like an bodge it watering system I set up ages ago.

Thanks

Very useful info l

Master Poet Guest

Stop bringing up all these old threads with the same comment, if you want to get your post count up at least post something useful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast