Thread: How Much Does Weed Cost You To Produce?

Thanks

Default How Much Does Weed Cost You To Produce?

With so many threads with people discussing the price of weed it got me wondering.

How much does weed actually cost to produce?

With people stating that they pay anywhere between £120 and £280 an ounce that works out at between £4.28 and £10 per gram.

Obviously this answer would vary as there are so many factors to consider like plant number, strain choice, light choice etc.

So does anyone know (on average) what it costs to produce a gram?

Monty Bong Guest

A really rough guide to how much I think my bud cost me..

Soil.

I guess I use around 35 ltrs of soil per plant, that's seedling pots, mid veg about 4ltr, late veg, early flower 10 ltr, then final 18/20 ltr pots.
    I get 3 x 25Ltr bags of JI1, 2 and 3 for a tenner, so thats 7.5p per litre x 35ltrs = £2.62 per plant, lets say £3.00.

Perlite.

I use about 25% Perlite, so that's about 8.75 ltrs of Perlite per plant. It cost's me 1.15 for 5 ltrs = .23p per litre x 8.75 = £2.01, lets say £2.50 a plant.

Feed.

Focus tomato food, £2.00 per ltr. 1 bottle will easy last 3 grows, so that's less than 25p per plant.

Leccy.

I run a 400w on 12/12 and a 125w on 18/6, plus extraction plus oscillating fans. I've got quite a large family so washing machines and tumble dryer are on almost constantly, along with TV's, cooker, Wii, and all the other stuff, our leccy in winter cost's about £20 per week, so I'm guessing about a quarter of that is for the grow....£5 per week.
    On average, lets say 6 weeks veg, 10 weeks flower, 16 weeks at £5 per week = £80 for the grow, divided by 4 flowering plants = £20 per plant

Soil £3.00
    Perlite £2.50
    Feed £0.25
    Leccy £20.00

Approx cost per plant below £30 pound, I always yeild above 3oz per plant so that's well below a tenner per Oz for top notch, quality smoke

I love growing me own

Bobby Digital Guest

Yeah and if you doing a outdoor grow it only cost for your seeds n love n a little bit of nutes if you choose to use them, iv grown weed outside thats cost nothing

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greenfingered View Post
    Yeah and if you doing a outdoor grow it only cost for your seeds n love n a little bit of nutes if you choose to use them, iv grown weed outside thats cost nothing
    very true, if I was to take in to account what I yeilded outdoors last season the total cost of my bud last year, must have been well below £5 per Oz

Thanks

Nice breakdown Monty, cheers.

So even if it was to be rounded up to £10 per oz that makes it 35p per gram. 35 feckin p!!!

samhain Guest

Cost me something like twenty ish an Oz
    Lecky roughly twenty quid a week more / eight plant's producing twelve ounce every two months .
    Then add a fiver a week for new gear/bean's
    So 25 a week ish
    8 week's x 25quid = 200quid
    200quid / 12 OZ = 16quid's an OZ ish *
    I'm a lazy grower with low plant number's
    *Not inclucing original setup cost

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,299 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    very true, if I was to take in to account what I yeilded outdoors last season the total cost of my bud last year, must have been well below £5 per Oz

...I hear ya man...nutin' like good 'ol Mr sunshine my friend, I'm still smokin' last years crop with still about a month or two to go.

I had been slowly weening myself off quite an expensive habit. I had reasimulated back into society. Society was my nipple & I suck gladly.

But now, well its back to being a stonehead....I have set myself free

The only real thing it costs you is time
    Last edited by wigster; 05-02-10 at 09:45 PM. Reason: BPD
    CURRENT GROW DIARY...INTO THE BLUE
    GUERILLA GROW DAIRY (MOO)....WIG DIG
    I am bonkers, stark raving mad, even possibly clinically insane. Anything I say here should be taken with a large pinch of salt and if that does'nt work and you're starting to gag, try to self-medicate. I'm trying to say something but of course, it's all complete bunkum
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." JIMI HENDRIX

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wigster View Post

I had been slowly weening myself off quite an expensive habit. I had reasimulated back into society. Society was my nipple & I suck gladly.

But now, well its back to being a stonehead....I have set myself free
    lol, that made me piss beer out of my nose