Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: There are no illegal drugs!

Thanks

Default There are no illegal drugs!

Nobody could 'legalise' drugs, drugs are objects that cannot be illegal. What is illegal are human activities pertaining to them. It is vital that we understand that even the law does not suggest that drugs are legal or illegal - they are controlled. The word 'controlled' does not equate to prohibtion, but rather implies what we want, regulation proportionately imposed to achieve the amelioration of social harmfulness caused by the misuse of drugs. This can only be done if we recognise that peaceful use of controlled drugs is possible and indeed commonplace.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=there&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=457158190466&ref=ts

Thanks

Nah i am pretty sure there illegal mate.
    I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ine=1264979913

DONT BE A WANK REMEMBER TO THANK.

I WILL BE IN CHAT EVERYDAY FROM 5-7 IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP WITH ANYTHING.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Im scared to read that again incase my brain actually turns into swiss cheese and oozes out of my ears....

?

Thanks

Hi Bong_on_1988,

Every time someone says 'legalise cannabis', 'illegal drugs' etc they create an equal and opposite reaction to their expressed wish. The key is in the language, we are fooled - really truly and it is NOW time to change language. When you think about it you will slowly realise that cannabis or any controlled drug is an object - objects are NEVER legal or illegal. What is legal or illegal are human actions concerning that property - a handgun in a licensed club is legally held, in a criminal's hands it is illegally held - it's not that guns are illegal.

Drugs are controlled under law, so that human actions concerning them are criminalised such as the actions / states of being such as production, cultivation, importation, supply and possession - these are property offences. It is not the property which is illegal, it is what you do with it.

Controlled implies a breadth of measures, proportionate to achieve a purpose - the purpose of the Misuse of Drugs Act is to ameliorate the social harm caused by drugs. If this is to be done by sensible regulation, then that is diametrically opposed to the notion of illegality. The MDA gives the Government the tools for such regulation, but it does not do so because it believes that controlled drugs are illegal drugs. They are not illegal in law, it isn't illegal in proper English and it isn't illegal conceptually.

There are 3 reasons in that argument, they are essential to grasp. Law controls people, not drugs, drugs should be regulated, not prohibited and 'illegal' or 'legalise' when applied to drugs enforces the prohibition default we are supposed to accept as the current law (current law actually is supposed to be proportionate regualtion). The law doesn't even say 'illegal' drugs - it says controlled, so why make it worse than it is. -Darryl Bickler www.drugequality.org

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabisni For This Useful Post:

John Smith (02-03-10)

Monty Bong Guest

"When you think about it you will slowly realise that cannabis or any controlled drug is an object - objects are NEVER legal or illegal. What is legal or illegal are human actions concerning that property"

i.e cultivating cannabis.

Not really sure what you're trying to say mate?

Are you suggesting that if I get spun I should say to the officer "you've got it all wrong mate....They are not illegal in law, it isn't illegal in proper English and it isn't illegal conceptually.

"Yes, Mr Bong, now get in the back of the van"

Thanks

Just spreading this info around Monty.

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabisni View Post
    Just spreading this info around Monty.
    fair enough mate, but I think it's misleading, if cannabis is not illegal how come I got busted for cultivating it?

Thanks

Becasue the cultivation of it is illegal mate. This isnt a get out of jail free card its about getting people to use the right language.

Though if your caught cultivating it you can fight the law just like people are doing at the moment i.e Edwin Stratton, Alan Taylor aswell as others. Have a read here http://www.drugequality.org/legal.htm if you havent already or listen to the audio with Edwin Stratton.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabisni For This Useful Post:

John Smith (02-03-10)

Thanks

There are no illegal drugs!
    Thank fuck for that!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobble For This Useful Post:

John Smith (02-03-10)

Thanks

Folk here are getting the wrong end of the stick - this is not saying that there are no drug related offences, it is not a quick trick of language to solve your problems! There is a defence we are developing in law that might one day do just what people would want - to stop a prosecution in it's tracks - do see the http://www.drugequality.org website for details of that.

But back to this point - and you will have to read it, and if it's tough, well tough, nobody said your freedom would come easy. This is about distinguishing between the proper use of words and the one's we have become accustomed to using which are actually wrong. Cultivation of cannabis is illegal, that is why you were busted. This is, and I know you will think this is pointless at first, but this totally different from the cannabis BEING illegal, it is the ACT of growing it without a home office license. So what is the difference? Well obviously the law controls you directly, and the plant indirectly, through you - the owner/gardener. So, let's not de-personalise the oppression by using words that say that the oppression is against plants, it is humans who are the target of this. OK, so big deal, what next - well obviously it is worng in English that the plant is breaking laws being illegal itself, nope, as I said, it is you. Remember that the message you create by mixing up what is being criminalised here does impact upon the mind subconsciously as well as creating a mixed message. Saying 'legalise cannabis' seems to be clearly on target, but is it? No, it is creating the premise in words that cannabis is illegal now, and that somehow this should be changed. But cannabis like all so-called illegal drugs are not ilegal now, they are controlled in law - this word means in law that these drugs should have sanctions applied to the human acts concerning them (except use incidentally which is not a crime). Now, the purpose of the law is to deal with the harm caused by dangerous drugs - this through appropriate regulations. Once we create the notion that the drug IS illegal, then the proportionate regulations cannot exist, only prohibition. Actually we help create the climate prohibitionism thrives on by talking of illegal drugs when they are not so properly described - there are only drugs with criminalised USERS.
    Last edited by sunshine band; 08-02-10 at 06:07 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine band For This Useful Post:

John Smith (02-03-10)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast