Thread: What are the signs of an underfed or under watered plant

Thanks

Default What are the signs of an underfed or under watered plant

hi i have a plant in an nft system and at 1st i thought it was showing signs of nute burn but it cant be that as the ec is dropping every day so i took that to mean it was hungry plz correct me if im wrong i also had the pump on a very low setting i have now adjusted that to a flow rate of 1 ltr per min as that's what i read on the canna web site i check the ph and ec every day and always set the ph at 5.2 when i change the rez and it rises to 6.1 over a period of time but never higher as the canna aqua has a ph stabliser in it i am using a 600w light in a 120x120x200cm grow tent have recently added a 5" extractor fan and carbon filter any ideas anyone oh i do a rez change once a week and there are plenty of really healthy roots thanks in advance for any help given JTT

Thanks

If the plant is under-watered it would go limp, not a likely thing in hydro.

My advice is just let the plant grow a few weeks, and even forget about your pens during that time. Just use them when you refill your rez. If something is fucked up your plants will tell you anyway.

It's real easy for seedlings with their small root balls to get over feed but they will often outgrow it and be on their way by the time a grower notices it. Since you're pH is in ok (I'd start around 5.5 but thats me) and your food isn't too strong just watch them. Watch the new growth as well.

Thanks

i know this sounds really daft but can you overwater a plant in an nft system

Thanks

Sure, if the roots are still small when you put them in with a big brick of rockwool and a heavy flow rate you can drown them.