Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My Spaces

Thanks

Default My Spaces

The Veg/ Clone room

At the time of starting the grow the only space i had was a 0.6m x 1m x 2m built in wardrobe. I used black and white to light proof the wardrobe as i had originally thought this room may be used for flowering the plants too. I salvaged a 600mm x 600mm light fitting from work which has 4 x 18w 2foot flourescent tubes in. I also chucked in a fan to stir the air up a bit ( rather large i know but it was lying around doing nothing and produces nice gentle breeze on low setting). The fan and lights are controlled by segment timer with a 2 way extension plugged into the timer giving 2 timed sockets in the room.

Santa bought me a nice XL bud tent for chrimbo, which meant modifications to the now veg/clone room. I felt that the plants were a bit slow growing under the existing light so with more bits scavenged from work and the need to increase capacity, i installed a self at 1m height and added a twin 55w CFL fitting to the bottom section and kept the 4x18w fitting in the top

Still need to sort this room out a bit, the light in the bottom section creates a fair bit of heat which makes the shelf quiet warm so i need to swap top for bottom and maybe add a small extraction fan to keep temps down.
    All in all im dead chuffed with this room and had only cost me about £20 to set up- some black/ white sheeting, chains+hooks and segment timer all the rest was courtesy of work (benefits of being lighting engineer/ electrician)

Flower room

My nice new shiny Flower room is a XL budbox, its 1m x 1m x 2m and is white inside. The tent was from Greens via Santa and was dead easy to put together .

Again i was really lucky and had a 600w son/halide ballast and a cheap reflector hanging around from growing some 8-10 years ago, i have even got the lamp still a 600w grolux with 1 crop under its belt. So thats gone in there and a 100mm bathroom type extactor fan.

I know the fan is pretty weedy and im gonna upgrade to a 5 inch ruck and possibly a carbon filter if the stinkies live upto their name when ive got some more pennies spare, but with the low ambient temps at the mo its keeping the tent cool for now. The hot air from the tent is ducted to nearby window left slightly ajar via 4 inch ducting.

I kept the controls nice and simple the light and fan are run thru a 20 amp 2 pole contactor with a cheapo segment timer (3 for a tenner- wickes) operating the coil on the contactor only, i chucked it all in a chinese takeaway tub which will do till something better comes along from work foc

So thats my set up, plenty of things still need upgrading
    5 inch ruck fan in tent+poss carbon filter
    200w CFL and reflector for veg room
    Better temperature and humidity gauges for both rooms
    Some extraction for veg room
    But these will come in time as budget allows

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigballs For This Useful Post:

420Boss (21-11-11), ChronicDevelopments (08-03-15), MacFeegle (30-01-15), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), Yolomcswag (25-07-18)

Thanks

hey man thats a really awesome setup, you're clearly a very resourceful lad, thats great to see!!

especially lovin the recycled chinese tub

bravo mate!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

Thumbs up

He is good with his hands bless him. wicked thread bab very informative you are brill not gonna say anything else tho cause ur head is big enuff pal....

Thanks

Looking sweet as bro nice work!

defo get a rvk as when you spark that hps up the heat is unreal without extraction and the rvk is silent compared to they bathroom fans

everything i have running in the grow room is 100 times more quiet than the jet engine bathroom fan lol

"It's over there between the land and the sky!"
    Thanks

wow, what i would give to be able to run a constant set up like you guys, so whats it to be then balls, are you going to be growing using the sea of green method..? or are u just going to fill that tent with beasters...!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LAL For This Useful Post:

s1me (11-03-13)

Thanks

hehe hopefully beasters, should be 4 foot high when they finish only 2 this time cos thats how many beans germed, but will be fully loaded next time, i have a gro diary- lemon stinky first grow if you'd like to check it out

Thanks

Hiya BB, looks like you've got your grow spaces nicely sorted out.

fill em up M8 !! ..

Thanks

quality bb and bubbs, looks like you got urself a nice wee set up there folks, am sure it will be bursting with beasters soon enough

Thanks

Cool

Excellent work Bigballs/bubbs, that is some setup and having it all in time to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs View Post
    My nice new shiny Flower room is a XL budbox, its 1m x 1m x 2m and is white inside. The tent was from Greens via Santa and was dead easy to put together .
    Well I'm envious, because I had to hacksaw 20mm off from all of the upright poles and 15mm off from two of the horizontal poles to get the covering over the frame with my XL Budbox. It took hours of frustration before I finally got the thing the way that it should be.

Luck of the draw, I s'pose.

Anyway, it's a nice setup that you've got there BB and I hope that you get many a fine crop with it.

Good luck with the growing!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yardbird For This Useful Post:

tgeorge12 (14-10-16)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast