Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yellowing leaves in coco please help

Thanks

Default yellowing leaves in coco please help

hi everyone im a newby to this site so please be nice lol

my problem is that i am growing 13 plants (i know not a good number to start with) they are all in canna coco. I vegged for 3 weeks under 1 600w duel spec then switched to 12/12 then added another 600w duel spec, i have a big isolating fan and a primaclima climate controller that keeps the room 27 degrees, the room is 1 meter by 2 meters. The plants are in 2 gallon builders buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. Im using the full canna range, canna coco, canna coco A & B, rhizotonic, cannazym, PK13/14 and canna boost.

i fed the plants once a day with half strength until i noticed leafs going light green then i increased to full strength and always kept the ph at 5.7-6.0. Now im starting to get worried my leaves are going a uniform light green/yellow just under 4 weeks into 12/12 light please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 001.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	8197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 002.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	8198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	8199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 004.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 007.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	8201  

Thanks

Do you know what your EC is. Yellowing of leaves can be many things including nute burn is it all the leaves or just top ones? As you just upped the nute intake it could be that.

Somebody who knows better than me will be along to give better advice though as i am only a nube.

Thanks

i started my EC at 1.5ms then when i noticed the light green leaves i upped it to 2.0ms in 3 stages i.e 1.5-1.7-1.8 then finally 2.0 the light green leaves are all over apart from the small ones coming out off the bud these are a nice dark green

Thanks

here is a couple of better pics i messed up the last 1s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 001.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	8204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 002.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	8205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 003.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	8206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 004.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	8207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weed 005.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	8208  

Thanks

like i say i am not experienced however 2.0EC is a bit high i was always told for a flowering plant to be 1.6-1.8 and to only push the upper limit with a high power hid light.

Also yellowing of leaves towards the end of flower is normal i believe as long as the buds look healthy, which they do only have 3-4 weeks left just keep an eye on them and if they get worse then put them in the infirmary but at the minute i think your ok. Just be aware of your EC

good luck, your gonna have a good harvest

Thanks

thanks for the reply. is 2 600 watts HPS not high power hid lighting? another thing is i thought i was early into flowering they had the lights turned 12/12 about 3 and a half weeks ago so i thought that i probably had 6 weeks left (but im just a novice) im just worried that the crop is gunna die.

Thanks

Looks pretty good except for the nute def. You say that the new leaves are a good colour so it seems you've fixed what was wrong. I also grow in coco and I find the medium very hungry for Ca/Mg. I'd sprinkle a level dessertspoon of slaked lime into each pot and water it in with 1 level tsp of magnesium sulphate per gallon of water.

Thanks

i always thought that the new leaves would be a better color because the nute def would appear first in older leaves i dont think i have fixed the problems because they are still going light green / yellow

Thanks

How about PH levels as like canna says if your defficient of a nute then you shouldn't rule out nute lock out of a particular nute. Yeah your lights are a good strong source so the upper limits are where you should aim i was always told 1.8 max but that was for hydro so it may vary for soil.

Thanks

maybe i am wrong correct me if i am, but i thought coco was hydro with regards to ph i seen a article in the urban gardener that said a fluctuating ph is a good thing so long as you keep it in the "uptake range" this is why i fluctuate between ph 5.7-6.0 is this a good practice or should i keep it constant?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast