Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ganga Increases Brain Cells

Thanks

Default Ganga Increases Brain Cells

New Study Proves That Marijuana Increases Brain Cell Formation

How many times have you been hit with the usual jargon about how bad marijuana is for the brain, and how stupid you are going to become if you smoke it.

Yet, some of the most creative minds of our time attribute their unconventional thinking to the effects of this beautiful herb. So does it make you stupid, or does it actually INCREASE innovation?

Well according to a study conducted by the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, the effects of marijuana on the brain are everything but detrimental. Let me explain.

Professor Xia Zhang and some of his colleagues at Saskatchewan University decided to test a synthetic form of THC (HU210) on a group of test rats to observe the effects the drug has on neurogenesis (brain cell formation and generation). They gave these rats HIGH DOSES of the THC-like compound twice a day, everyday for a period of ten days to get a good idea of THC’s effects on brain cells.

It turns out, this synthetic THC-like compound actually INCREASED the rate of brain cell formation in the hippocampus (neurogenesis) by a whopping FORTY PERCENT!

Not only did the rate of brain cell formation INCREASE, but the rats also appeared to be less susceptible to observable symptoms of anxiety and depression. The hippocampus is the area of a mammals brain that controls memory, learning, anxiety and depression. So it makes sense that increased brain cell formation in this area of the brain would prove to be beneficial for people suffering from problems associated with these brain functions.

This discovery actually explains why some of the most creative minds of our time have attributed their innovation to the effects of marijuana. With every new brain cell that is formed, comes the possibility of a new and interesting thought process, that can break the boundaries of what an individual was previously capable of.

The universities’ findings on the anti-anxiety qualities of THC also explain the peaceful nature of marijuana smokers, and now it is not so hard to understand why marijuana smokers have a “no worries” kind of outlook on life.

Now take a moment to think about how wonderful this plant really is! It is capable of providing clothing (hemp is the strongest fiber in the world), it provides nutrition (cannabis seeds contain the most concentrated nutrients found in any food)! It’s “main ingredient” THC has even been proven to be anti-carcinogenic, eliminating lymphatic tumors in test rats within two weeks.

No wonder half of the population smokes it even though it is still illegal.
    Interesting ...............................

hort

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Very interesting read hort, thankyou..

*Goes off to smoke another bong*

Thanks

it increases brain cells.........but they are all thinking about food.

Thanks

I have had some genius out of the box discoveries on weed, I only wish I could remember some of them.

I have written some great songs on weed, at least I thought so until I heard them the next day.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

As much as i would love to belive it i cant see it being true but im no scientist! Since i started smoking on a regular basis about 5 years ago (always smoked it before then but in and out of phases) iv found my short term memory has gone to shit, i dont know if this is through direct use but the timeline ties in and a good mate of mine whos been at it longer than me is the same........anyway what was i saying????
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

If it's consumed in small doses maybe it is true, most of us will be smoking/eating it to excess!. What did I just say....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    As much as i would love to belive it i cant see it being true but im no scientist! Since i started smoking on a regular basis about 5 years ago (always smoked it before then but in and out of phases) iv found my short term memory has gone to shit, i dont know if this is through direct use but the timeline ties in and a good mate of mine whos been at it longer than me is the same........anyway what was i saying????
    Do you know, oddly my memory has gone to shit since ive stopped smoking the 'erb.....theres a massive dry patch here an id rather wait for my harvest than buy the shite that is availiable.
    Seriously i cant fucking function properly! aswell as my short term memory, im having to think about things that ive done thousands of times before, im struggleing to get out of bed of a morning, im doing a whole pot of espresso before leaving for work just to get me out the door.....and my driving has gone to utter shit

i really doubt smoking weed will make anybody brighter, in fact my buddy here with a phd in pharmacology is pissing himself at the thought of it but ganja certainly dose do something for the thought process

if it dose make us brighter....i hope it kicks in before the lung cancer of paranoid schitz' kicks in!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Yeah i agree my short term memory is fucked... My favourite phrase is "wheres my keys" proper hopeless sometimes! Used to always walk across site at work for tools, get to tool cabin then stand there racking my blank brain for ten minutes trying to work out why i was there...

Then again i like drawing now and again, and my best peices have been drawn when im caked out my head... Couldnt possibly draw on a straight head? Weed definatley brings out my artistic creative side...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

It can get you thinking overtime about pointless shit so i suppose it can make your brain more active but half the time your thinking a load of pointless bollox that you wouldnt dare mention to anyone else because they would just think your off your nutt...........well i do anyway, ill be watching a film and shit and if its a spy film ill start to think what it would be like to be a spy , i end up making my own identity up and call name, what car id drive, how id conceal my identity and the full works just drifting in my own little world and by the time iv come round iv missed the film hehe

Thanks

what was this thread about?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast