Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you banned from 'Sainsburys' for life?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,331 Times

Default Can you banned from 'Sainsburys' for life?

Nothing to do with the old MJ, but I had an interesting weekly shop this morning. Went to Sainsburys, bought stuff, about £60's worth. On the way out of the shop, my missus was stopped by security. They took her into the back where all the shopping was matched against the reciept. It appears a few items had slipped into her shopping bag that had miraculously, ahem chough, chough, bypassed the till conveyor belt.

After a stern telling off from the store manager ( his moment of power! lol ) She was allowed to leave without the filth being called. She was however handed a letter signed by the store manager stating;

Dear ( Her name)

I confirm that the invitation to enter and shop at all Sainsburys stores is permanently withdrawn due to the incident in which you were involved on the 13/02/2010

Should you enter any of our premises, you will be treated as a trespasser and the police will be called as necessary.

Is this enforceable? I find it hard to believe that if she went to another Sainsburys, they would have some sort of face-recognition system on their CCTV system that would flag her up?!!

Anyone with any knowledge on this?

( I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that my missus is a criminal, and even worse, I might have to do the weekly shop on my own! lol )

Thanks

yes its enforceable at that store.

they can remove you from the store by force if your unwilling to leave

Thanks

Just that branch or any of them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneysmoker View Post
    Just that branch or any of them?

well deffo that store. only way i can think they could enforce it at another would be if your missis has a club card or store card and she used it at another store.

"card swipe= flashing red lights on till . then get drop kicked out the store."

on a side note. i hope you keep reminding her of this when your in her bad books.

Thanks

She was totally un-phazed by it all. She actually thought it was quite funny. Ah well, so ends a fledgling shop-lifting career! lol

Thanks

So she purposefully stole items from the store? I'll withhold the majority of my opinion on that but come on...don't steal shit, work for your money and buy it like the rest of us.

Grocery stores have entire teams dedicated to loss prevention, even small stores. (here in the US, that is, but I'd imagine it's the same over there) As bored as they get, somebody will recognize your girl if she comes in the same store again. I'm sure it won't be with any super-high-tech software on the camera, but with their eyes.

Thanks

I have tried to tell her not to nick stuff, and it's not even as if we don't have the money for it, but she saw it as something of a challenge! I was absolutely mortified when she got stopped, especially as the store detective was about 75!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

stoneysmoker fairplay to your girlfriend the little thief im always at it in the large stores, i have rules ill never pocket from a small or family business only the Tescos of this world and im not a major thief i just swipe the odd thing that i begrudge paying for, gillet razors and shit, you seen the price of those things? And jd4083 before you start telling me off, these people that they have to get in for this department im providing them with a job so i dont feel bad about that. Lets get it right these massive store steal from the smaller stores by undercutting them and putting them out of business, this happened to a small grocery store my aunt owned which was a great little business until tesco plonked their store 500 yards away and she just couldnt compete. Dont get me wrong places like tescos provide jobs for the community and im not a major thief and dont pocket for profit, but instead of having Rump stake for Tea i might have Fillet............please dont judge me im not a bad person I have a great little system too i reckon fool proof which doesnt involve you walking round the store looking shady
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

mxc Guest

She would be banned from all sainsbury's stores as all retailers have the right to refuse admittance and this is the policy of most of the big retailers.

Not saying that she wont be able to use another sainsburys but they do record everything and her pictures/profile is on their systems so she may experience problems in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    stoneysmoker fairplay to your girlfriend the little thief im always at it in the large stores, i have rules ill never pocket from a small or family business only the Tescos of this world and im not a major thief i just swipe the odd thing that i begrudge paying for, gillet razors and shit, you seen the price of those things? And jd4083 before you start telling me off, these people that they have to get in for this department im providing them with a job so i dont feel bad about that. Lets get it right these massive store steal from the smaller stores by undercutting them and putting them out of business, this happened to a small grocery store my aunt owned which was a great little business until tesco plonked their store 500 yards away and she just couldnt compete. Dont get me wrong places like tescos provide jobs for the community and im not a major thief and dont pocket for profit, but instead of having Rump stake for Tea i might have Fillet............please dont judge me im not a bad person I have a great little system too i reckon fool proof which doesnt involve you walking round the store looking shady
    you asshole! hahaha just kidding dude, I don't judge cuz god knows I've done that when I was younger and much much worse. Hell I speed a good 20 mp/h over the limit regularly and that's as much of a law to break as shoplifting is

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast