Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the mystery of harvesting pollen

Thanks

Default the mystery of harvesting pollen

well you see breeding cannabis is new to me so i was wondering if i want to harvest pollen do i just cut off and harvest the little flower when it opens up or do i wait for all of the pollen to fall off before i collect the pollen.do i collect the flower that falls off or just the powder that falls off????
    somebody please help

alvic-greengrows Guest

you want the powder mate

Thanks

when i was breeding my lowryders last year for my outdoor grow i waited till the flowers started to open then shook the flowers over a sheet of paper then took the pollen and blew it on the plants i wanted to pollinate ( this was all done well away from my flowering non pollinated females )
    the only 2 things you need to get by in life
    hard cock and hard cash

Thanks

I usually wait until the flowers just begin to open and then using tweezers gently pull it off (the pollen will fly around a bit) then rub it or tap it over the bud or buds I want to pollinate. This keeps it from getting on the other buds.

hort
    The life that runs through everything in the universe is me...... Zen Saying

Thanks

i read somewhere that you have to let the pollinated female has to be removed from the room when being pollinated and left to sit for a day or two befor being reintroduced to the flowering room with the non-pollinated females my question is would this really be a safe practice because it seems to me that it would be fairly unsafe as the pollen from the pollinated female would blow around and land on the others and i'm only lookin to pollinate one female and not the whole female just a part any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ohh yeah and thanks to all who responded to my first post here's to you

Thanks

To be safe, you should take the female to be pollinated out of the room, pollinate the bud or buds you want (don't have any fan blowing on it at this time) and leave isolated for a day before putting back in the flowering room. Otherwise, there is a chance that some of the pollen could fly to other plants.

Another alternative is to sprinkle the pollen in a small plastic bag, put the bag over the branch you want to pollinate and tie the base with a twisty. Shake the bag gently to spread the pollen over the buds. Leave the bag on for a day then take it off. This works pretty good too and you can leave the plant in the flowering room with the others. Make sure and wash your hands and change clothes after handling the pollen for the bag and before you tie it over the branch or you risk spreading it to other plants.

hort

Thanks

helpfull ....really helpfull
    i take it were taking pollen off a male plant?????
    ive never learned bout breedin b4 and am very interested
    I Don't Fuck Around

Thanks

I take my male, bend him over and give him a bit of shake. The pollen falls onto a piece of paper that the male is above. I take this pollen and with a qtip or small paint brush, I brush the bud with pollen. I put a ziplock bag over the bud for 2 days. After removing the bag, I spray water on the plant, cuz water kills pollen and this helps the other buds to not get seeded.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kal el View Post
    cuz water kills pollen and this helps the other buds to not get seeded.
    not exactly mate, pollen is actually almost indestructable,it is used to ascertain what type of plants grew in ancient history when taken from core samples millions of years old, some of it is still viable!

the water spraying just washes the fine grains off the plants, preventing it from spreading
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast