Thread: Clueless i'm asking is this whot dimmable mean's

samhain Guest

Question Clueless i'm asking is this whot dimmable mean's

Got myself a digital ballast , it's a 600W and i put a 400W in it for a month by accident .
    Clueless i'm asking is this whot dimmable mean's ? or am i dim lol

Thanks

Dimmable means to 'to turn the lights power/intensity up or down'....... 'to have the light very bright or very DIMM'

No changing of bulbs here just usually by regulating the power to the light.
    Last edited by rokerij; 15-02-10 at 01:09 AM.

samhain Guest

Thank's for the reply , electronic ballast's regulate the power , mine tell's me when to change the bulb . A little confused here as to why or how it lit a 400 , tho i never tried a 400 in a 600 magnetic or coil ballast i don't know would that work ?

Thanks

Id change that asap if you are still running a 400w in the 600w ballast, I have just been looking at them sort of digital ballasts do you rate them much? worth the extra pennys?

samhain Guest

Thank's chap this was way last year odd .
    Best bit of kit ever , if i use the manufacture's sunmaster it boost the lumen's to 105th from 600W constant , night and day compared to a coil , can fire an burn a tube a coil wont .
    Mine is ventronic from venture lighting who manufacture sunmaster bulbs , was expensive but cant fail it three odd year's on and no problem's with two ballast's .
    "Reduced Maintenance
    Because Ventronic supports both MH and HPS lamps, this reduces the amount of parts required to be kept in stock. Ventronic's sophisticated lamp ignition algorithm enhances lamp life and has the added ability to ignite very old lamps which would not be possible with conventional control gear"

Completely Silent in Operation
    Ventronic is Class A rated for noise - which means it's completely silent in operation
    Built in Diagnostics
    Using Ventronic, maintenance is greatly simplified by enhanced self-diagnostics and error reporting. A built-in LED indicator provides detailed information about both circuit status and failure conditions"
    Last edited by samhain; 15-02-10 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks

just be carefull m8 i have read some where that you are only supposed to put the correct wattage of bulb in the matching wattage ballast,it can potentially damage your ballast or it could even explode(i realise you done it by mistake)!!!!

anyway good luck with the grow m8!!!

samhain Guest

Thank's i appreciate you'r concern's yes saefty first as alway's .
    I have blown a 600W sunmaster tube in said ballast , the ark tube exploded bit the outer envelope stayed intact , the outer envelope is made of borosilicate glass , the same glass quality bong's are made of , it's similar to pyrey .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrex

Thanks

on my digital ballast i can run 400w and 600w and there some dig ballast which run 250,400 and 600w bulbs..

What ballast do you have bud?
    Last edited by POTMONSTER; 20-02-10 at 09:12 AM.
    POTMONSTER

samhain Guest

Sorry for late reply , it's a ventronic , made by venture who are sunmaster .
    I E mailed the manufacturer about this query but go no reply .
    Thank's POTMONSTER