Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how far from my plant should 600watt hps lamp be??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

iv heard people do this but im pretty sure it will burn up your bulb quicker
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

thanks yoko mate. im not plannin on changing,just for future reference.

tried to get pics to put on here but my cam isnt happy with the lighting lol ill get some tomorrow once they've had a day of good light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Quote Originally Posted by weedfarmer View Post
    got my light installed now, its about 20" from the plants and about 25-28c.

just want to know if i can use a lesser wattage bulb eg. 250/400watt in my ballast for 600 watt? i know i cant go over 600 just not sure whether under is ok.

thanks for helping people

peace out
    Dont use a wrong rated bulb mate stick to 600.

Quote Originally Posted by yoko
    I cant understand why people change bulbs when you can get one that does both and there not to expensive, iv done my current grows using these bulbs and both are looking fab
    I dont change mine but if u use a MH bulb for veg and first week or two of flower it stops the plants stretching and keeps internodes nice and tight, some even use the MH last week or two as well, i keep meaning to get a MH for veg but never get round to it.

Thanks

would a MH be better for veg, im getting a 125w cfl for a seperate veg room once its ready and blacked out.

thanks for posting yoko, CS, paulm and dekay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedfarmer View Post
    would a MH be better for veg, im getting a 125w cfl for a seperate veg room once its ready and blacked out.

thanks for posting yoko, CS, paulm and dekay
    MH are great for veging matey, I was reading tonight that a mix of MH and HPS are even better when flowering.
    I've got dual spec grolux bulbs in my 600HPS's and they seem to be doing okay.

In regards to the 125 Blue CFL..
    I should tell you that they veg slowly.
    I'm using one myself and I've had a cinderella 99 cutting going for a fair few weeks under it and it's not very big.
    It was one of the same batch of clones I've now got in flowering and they are 3 times the size of the one in the cabinet under the CFL.
    Some of it's flowering sisters are 18"+ and they have been under the 600's for as long as the cutting has been in the veg cabinet under the 125 CFL.
    When the cuttings first went under the 600's I ran them on 18/6 to get them up in height because the CFL was too slow.

At the time, I specifically wanted a slower veging bulb which was capable of rooting cuttings and sustaining a mother or two with slow growth, but it's a little too slow for me as I want to veg my cuttings to a decent height before flowering them which my 125 CFL can't do quick enough and I don't want them veging under the 600's everytime as they are more expensive to run especially on 18/6.

When I get a chance, I plan on upping to a 250w Blue CFL.

The 125 may be okay for what you need, but I thought I would mention this incase you were expecting it to be better.

I can tell you for certain that given the choice, I'd go with the MH for vegging.
    1 week @ 18/6 and 11 days @ 12/12 under my HPS lights and my girls are little monsters compared to the puny supposedly mother plant sibling in my veg cab under the CFL.
    So a 400W MH would do wonders in comparison to a 125 CFL.

Just my two cents anyway

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

thanks TheGreenMachine

im using a 600watt dual spectrum hps just now on an 18/6 cycle and i plan on having a seperate veg room so i can have a constant grow.

veg space gonna be about 1m x 0.75m x 0.75m (length x breadth x height). i think the cfl will be better for me as the veg space is so small a MH lamp will probably be too much. might go for 200watt cfl or higher if possible. im getin a closed end reflector for cfl and i have 3 x 21watt fluorescent tubes to help the cfl (if needed)

my little girl has been under 600hps dual spec for 3 days and ive seen a vast improvement since changing from fluo tubes.

ill try to get some pics soon, as my camera doesn't like the dual spec light.

in the meantime, keep on smokin and growin !!

peace out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Hey YOKO how's it goin fella, I use duel specs too for precisely the same reason! why buy 2 when 1 will do...& I've also recently changed to a 600watt with a supernova shade & didn't know what I should put it at, so post matey,thanks
    i put mine 12" above when i got it and cooked a couple of leaf lol got there just in time to raise the lamp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2