Thread: Flowering Stage From Seed/Clone/Cutting...?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

Default Flowering Stage From Seed/Clone/Cutting...?

I have read 2 posts from growers that have been growing for some years and noticed in the posts they mention flowering from seed. Why would anyone want to flower from seed..? What does it do..? Also when is the best time to switch to flower..?

Another question, I see in the gallery that some members have very short stout plants full of bud, how do they achieve this..? Also why do they tie them down...?

Thanks for any detailed info on this.

Oh, would you recommend flowering from and early age..? ie: 2 or 3 weeks...?

Thanks

Why would anyone want to flower from seed..? What does it do..? Also when is the best time to switch to flower..?
    Flowering from seed is what most small growers do. Big growers take cuttings and grow these. You plant the seeds, grow them until they are mature enough to flower (I like around 6 weeks) and then switch the lights to 12/12 for flowering.

some members have very short stout plants full of bud, how do they achieve this..? Also why do they tie them down...?
    Indicas grow short and stout with a main center cola whereas sativas grow long and lanky. These need tied down if the room you are using has limited height and some spread out a lot needing tying to control them.

Oh, would you recommend flowering from and early age..? ie: 2 or 3 weeks...?
    I wouldn't recommend it because the plant wouldn't be mature enough yet and you wouldn't get much of a yield. I have seen some growers flower as young as 4 weeks old and get a fairly decent yield.

hort
    The life that runs through everything in the universe is me...... Zen Saying

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

Thanks for the info. However I think I mis-read the flowering from seed. I honestly thought that as soon as the little seed sprouts that they where forced to flower and that is why they where short and stout. My mistake. What an idiot I really am.

I have some plants growing and they are on a 12/12 and have been for about a week and a half but there are no flowers as yet. I am getting the beginning of the flower stage but I thought it would have produced some bud by now.

Thanks again for the info.

Wrams ~