Thread: is 4.7 pH too low (trying too lower medium pH)

Thanks

Default is 4.7 pH too low (trying too lower medium pH)

trying to drop the pH of my soil medium but I put too much pH down in my feed water and its pH is 4.7(pH pen)
    is that too low to put into a soil(JI No.1+2) and perlite mix who's pH is around 7-7.5 at the moment (liquid test kit)
    the plant is very mature 3-4 feet tall
    and is 3 weeks into flower or maybe just over that
    my ec is flashing between 0.6 - 0.8(blue lab truncheon tester)
    thgis is the plants 5th feed in just over 2 weeks
    3feeds at quarter strength+1 feed at 50% strength so far no sign of nutrient distress except for severe yellowing that started a couple of weeks before starting feeding

unfortunately this is an older pic(10 days ) the yellowing is worse now almost all lower leaves affected

pretty sure it is Nute defficiency and just after the pH advice at the moment unless someone feels strongly that I am wrong on the diagnosis

saetup is
    1000watts hps
    150 ruck l1 out
    RVK 125 in
    eco evolution r/h /fan controller
    ultrasonic mister
    plants in a 32 litre pot

think thats all relavent stuff

thanks peeps
    Check out the Diary!

White russian Indoor Soil Grow

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=19676

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

yes way to low mate and that ph seems quite high for the soil, whats the ph of your tap water before adding any adjuster??
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

Red face

yeah I know that the medium pH is too high
    my tap water starts off somewhere between 7.5 and 8 I only realised a few weeks ago that my liquid kit only went up to 7.5 so even though it was higher the kit couldn't show me that its come down as I have been adding pH ajusted feed water its around 7 ish at the moment having dropped ever so slightly from its initital 7.5+

so dom I just have to bin the feed and start over? cos I thnk that too keep my concentration right its going to take gallons of water to keep the pH correct

Thanks

you should be ok,it will come down gradually then youll be fighting the battle back up the ph ''hill'' =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordan4-20 View Post
    you should be ok,it will come down gradually then youll be fighting the battle back up the ph ''hill'' =)
    if your tap water has a high ph of 7.5-8 my guess is that its also hard water and will take an age to come down if ever! If i was you i would have a container thats constantly filled with water say 20-30 gallon and have an airpump bubbling away, see if you can get some aquarium peat and put it in some sort of netting and just have it dangling into the water, this will help to bring the ph down naturally to 6 - 6.5 if you have a good local aquatic store go in and ask them what natural things they have to bring your water down, hopefully they will have the aquarium peat and if you can get a small filter in there and put the peat inside the filter so that the water is constantly passing through. It might seem a bit excessive but its what i would do. For my next grow im actually going to use water from a local aquatic store i used to work at, im going to fill my 20 gallon bottle (the upside down ones you get in offices) once a week from a fish tank holding discus fish which love ph 6-6.5 soft water, im going to use it on half my plants and compare. fish water is full of nitrates and other natural foods which im convinced will have a good effect

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    if your tap water has a high ph of 7.5-8 my guess is that its also hard water and will take an age to come down if ever! If i was you i would have a container thats constantly filled with water say 20-30 gallon and have an airpump bubbling away, see if you can get some aquarium peat and put it in some sort of netting and just have it dangling into the water, this will help to bring the ph down naturally to 6 - 6.5 if you have a good local aquatic store go in and ask them what natural things they have to bring your water down, hopefully they will have the aquarium peat and if you can get a small filter in there and put the peat inside the filter so that the water is constantly passing through. It might seem a bit excessive but its what i would do. For my next grow im actually going to use water from a local aquatic store i used to work at, im going to fill my 20 gallon bottle (the upside down ones you get in offices) once a week from a fish tank holding discus fish which love ph 6-6.5 soft water, im going to use it on half my plants and compare. fish water is full of nitrates and other natural foods which im convinced will have a good effect
    I hear you in fact i'm surewe have had a similar conversation to this a little while ago I am unable to set that up untill after this grow(I havee to move it from its current location after harvest)but its on my wishlist for next grow

Thanks

yes your right i have mentioned this to you a while back, hopefully you can get it sorted asap