Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED-Powered Krusty Bucket

Thanks

Default LED-Powered Krusty Bucket

So besides the PC grow I'm doing, I'm also working on training a large plant in a Krusty Bucket, under LEDs and flowering under LED as well. I'm gonna see what a 120w panel will do to a large spread-out canopy. I'm going to try to occupy approximately 6 square feet of space and bloom from there.

Happy shot of happy plant. Doing pretty nicely under the LED so far same 70:30 blue:red 20w the other clones are under until the rest of my lights arrive.
    Party hardy, Rock & Roll!

Thanks

Interesting to see the out come you get with the 120W panel... not many LED grows on here.

I have a 120w Panel, it hardly penetrates the canopy it has very poor coverage, but hey it cost .20p cheaper to run a day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donbronski View Post
    Interesting to see the out come you get with the 120W panel... not many LED grows on here.

I have a 120w Panel, it hardly penetrates the canopy it has very poor coverage, but hey it cost .20p cheaper to run a day.
    Most panels have poor penetration due to the majority of red versus blue. Red has poor canopy penetration capability. Blue does much better. My panels have much more blue, so hopefully they should perform better.

Thanks

Is the 120W panel your waiting on more blue than red?

Thanks

Is the 120W panel your waiting on more blue than red?
    No, it is more red than blue. All of my 50, 90, and 120w units come in that configuration for blooming. My lower wattage units, 10-20w, more blue than red, for vegging.

Thanks

Why would you get an LED panel that you know has poor penetration for flowering? You want hardcore penetration for flowering

You just said youself red leds don't penetrate...
    Last edited by Donbronski; 28-02-10 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Why would you get an LED panel that you know has poor penetration for flowering? You want hardcore penetration for flowering

Beacuse you want a red spectrum of light in flowering and blue in veg

Thanks

Your typical 7:1:1 "NASA Ratio" panel is mostly red-orange, not good penetration power, plus not enough blue to power useful bud production.

Nothing under 1w per diode as well, here. I can get penetration up to 18 inches with these panels, and that's all I need because I'm doing low-space multi-level grows. If I moved to 2w diodes I could get usable penetration up to 3 feet.

I just changed the ratio to obtain more useful penetration. The panel is still red dominant but not by much. Looks like the NASA people didn't bother to actually check the insolation ratios of sunlight at varying seasons.

Thanks

I used the 120W LED panel (8:1 i think) on some auto strains, later in the grow I introduced a 600W HPS (which is thee "equivalent") & the difference was obvious.

For me IMHO compared to the traditional grow lamps (MH/HPS even CFL) LED's don't produce the goods.

It just my stinky arse opinion, I don't mean to sound like a tw@...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Mine are more red than blue for sure.
    Light penetration isn't too bad - can see it as well as my HPS lights well into the canopy.
    They are fairly directional though (i.e. not vast spread of light) so I think it might be better in future if someone starts manufacturing longer (and possibly gangable) strips.
    They're great for vegging but have never used them for flowering on there own. Mine are the 120W rated panels assembled in the UK (ECO LED Lights).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast