Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thanks

Post 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

This has not been written by me, its a good read tho and thought some of you guys might like it,
    enjoy

This thread is devoted to an excellent method of growing our favorite plant. “12/12 From Seed” is a proven way to grow pot, and produces yields up to 1 gram of dried bud per 1 watt of electricity consumed (eg: a 400 watt HPS light is able to produce a harvest of 400 grams). It is a very good choice for growers who have a limited amount of space to set up their gardens. The cannabis grown this way is potent, sticky, and yes…stinky. Most pot plants suffer no ill effects from being grown under this light regimen.

Typically, in traditional method, the cannabis cultivator will start their plants with a lighting regimen that provides anywhere from 18 to 24 hours of light a day, called the ‘vegetation’ phase, to make the plant grow as large as possible, increasing the amount of ‘budding sites’ on the plant. Once the plant has grown large, it is forced into flowering by switching the lighting regimen to 12 hours on/12 hours off. This results in plants that produce copious yields, but take up considerable space.

“12/12 From Seed” eliminates the vegetation phase. As soon as the seed sprouts through the surface it is given a light regimen of 12 hours on/12 hours off. Plants grown this way do not grow as tall as they would if given a vegetation phase. The shape of the plants is also different, losing much of their natural ‘bush’ quality. Our plants tend to be shaped like a “pole,” with the main bud formation happening along the main stem of the plant. This allows the grower to fit more plants per square foot/meter. It also makes possible gardens in spaces that growing larger, bush-like plants would be impossible. The shorter height of these plants also works in concert with the limited penetration distance that exists with any/all forms of indoor lighting.

Other than the difference in the lighting regimen, growing cannabis using this method is the same as the more traditional way. You still need to learn about the other important factors in growing a healthy garden, such as; proper nutrient levels; maintaining the correct PH level; controlling temperature, humidity, and odor; and providing ventilation. Because we are starting from seed, most of us use soil as our medium, although other mediums may be used. Other than that, all other personal choices to control the environment is the same as growing any other way.

This method does have its critics. Most of these critics have never tried to grow this way, they are just passing along commonly held mis-information without having actual experience. The main criticism is that the yields gotten from this method are miniscule and not worth the time involved. We challenge that, with the experience of a grower called “Atmosphere” who gets 1 gram of dried bud for each watt of electricity used (that would be a harvest of 8 ounces from a 250 watt HPS light!). “Atmosphere” had a thread back on Overgrow, which is where many of us first encountered this method, and he is held in high regard among folks who grow this way. He visits this thread and provides solid information based on years of experience.

Some critics claim that the amount of the main cannabinoid, THC, produced by plants grown this way is less than plants that are allowed to mature with a vegetation phase. This opinion is based on a study done many years ago, well before modern gardening techniques took hold, and almost certainly did not test any plants that were grown using this lighting regimen. New tests must be done, that’s all there is to it. More importantly, the empirical evidence from those who have grown this way, and the experience of their friends who have smoked these plants, is that this cannabis is just as potent as any they have ever smoked (strain variety taken into account, of course). If there is any difference in THC percentages, it is minute, and not noticeable to the cannabis consumer.

So pull up a chair, and watch what we do. Keep an open mind, and observe our results. Try growing some of your own crops with this method and then make up your mind as to whether there is some mighty fine ganja to be grown this way.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Renagade4-20 For This Useful Post:

an-sic (04-10-10), Ariadne (06-10-10), Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20), cannamancan (12-09-10), eddievic (28-07-10), Forest (25-02-11), Goodbuddy (08-10-10), Grover (21-04-12), littleweed (04-10-10), marcus (03-03-11), Mr.Turbo (15-01-11), needsmust (21-09-10), OCB (02-06-13), Timston (08-10-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

good article - i always grow this way now , a lt of people used to knock the method but more people are trying it now that they have seen the results that can be achieved

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bergkamp For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Its the only method if u havent got much space or are being stealthy, if u have u will always yield more from more veg though for the sake of a couple of weeks.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20), Muller (30-08-10), OCB (02-06-13)

Thanks

i did 12/12 fs just for speed and now lol i got all the time in the wordl so i could off vegged 4 weeks >.< lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renagade4-20 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Thanks

i have to coment on the pole shape as one of my plants wich ive growen from 12/12 undrer a 250w hps has bushed out very nicely but the rest have the pole shape but im trying to bush these out as i have put a 150w cfl cuming up through the floor/shelf in the middle of the growroom i have notest that my babys are realy starting to bush out but i have to turn them each day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mango 12 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Thanks

I've grown a few plants under 12/12 from the off, under a 400w HPS and they were 4-5fters with decent buddage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Toking-24-7 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Thanks

what a great post, thanks! i'm gonna try this on a couple of clones.. just waiting on their roots to develop.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy420 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

12/12 from seed - sour deisel - grown under 9xhousehold cfls - total lumens = 7000odd - no nutes - no ventilation - high temps all the way 30/40c - yep she been through the wars lol - week 5 btw

Last edited by CockRoach; 30-08-10 at 07:16 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20), OCB (02-06-13)

Thanks

world war 3!
    haha, i can't believe how good she looks.. actually blows me away. just goes to show what a great plant they really are!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddy420 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20), CockRoach (31-08-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

that it does mate! that it does! tbf she shouldnt be alive lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-01-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast