Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Groups on THC! In my opinion not a good thing, i think i might start The Anti-Group

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Angry Groups on THC! In my opinion not a good thing, i think i might start The Anti-Group

With THCs new makeover there has been many changes and many additions most of them good especially the arcade which i think has persauded me to sell my PS3, after all who needs C.O.D when you can play Crab Volleyball???

However i personally feel the addition of groups is not a good thing, heres my reasons why......

Thc is only the second forum iv ever joined the other being a football forum which i no longer bother with, the idiots on the football forum were not football fans just goons who wanted to slag each others clubs off and didnt care for the game and probably never even played it. Anyway i initially came to Thc to learn about growing and my intentions was to ask questions learn what i need to know and move on. However i really started to enjoy the site and found most of its members more than helpful and really enjoyed chatting to them including the chat rooms. The good thing about Thc is that its always been a great little community where everyone tries there best to help each other and most of the times silly little arguments are usually sorted out in a friendly manner, i myself have had a few but always sorted them out. I was a bit gutted when a well known member was recently banned but feel both him and the mods could have handled it a little better and in the end he backed the mods into a corner and they had no choice but to launch him. Anyway at first when the groups came along i didnt think nothing of it until i recently just clicked on a link and seen a couple of groups that just didnt feel that they belong on Thc and before i go on to those who created them please dont take this personally as i dont have a thing against any of you, its just my thoughts. The Group that really caught my attention was the group for all "Old Timer Members" where you had to be invited and it was like an exclusive club. When i seen this i thought hhhmmmmm not really in the spirit of Thc as i thought we was one big community without these little clicks but i thought there is no harm in it until i looked at the posts and already there is a post on there along the lines of "in some of the new members we have dont you think they are rather nippy towards each other?" which i personally thinks a little bit of a bitchy thread, why couldnt this be posted as a normal thread and then maybe you will get the answers off these new members? but instead its posted on a group where only the members can comment on this. Recently there have been a number of people who have either left or considered leaving this forum due to not feeling like they are part of things and the creation of such groups can only lead to these people feeling further excluded from others from this site. Since iv been here iv noticed certain little clicks appearing and a small amount of mod botty licking but each to there own. I personally think these kind of groups should be left to facebook, i really dont think we should have groups that exclude the possibility for other members not to be a part off, creating an Us and Them forum as it will lead to back stabbing and bitchiness.

Anyway as mentioned this is not a personal attack on the creator of that group or the member who posted the new member comment thread but i just think such a group isnt in the spirit of Thc.......but what do i know, im a new member

Im considering starting my own group.........The Group against groups group!
    Last edited by yoko2009; 08-03-10 at 09:34 PM.
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

BudMan (08-03-10), gr33nfingers (09-03-10), Zenid (08-03-10)

Thanks

Will the group against groups group be invite only?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cultiv8er For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (08-03-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Sounds like you thought about the groups more than i have mate, i have joined a few but dont really have the time to do that as well as check posts and all the rest of stuff, didnt know some were invite only but there is always a certain amount of division and grouping together anyway, like hydro peeps or soil growers, the people who think of leaving quite often have expected maybe too much from a forum that is so large it does take a while, if they not outgoing like your good self to make friends. You dont have to use the group things yoko, its just a choice people can have although not if they cant join some?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (08-03-10)

Thanks

the arcade is great but i can't play owt yet, not enough posts!
    lol
    regards

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzcat For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (08-03-10)

Thanks

The Groups against groups group will be free for everyone to enter, no favouritism in this group hehe

Dekay i hear what your saying mate and to be honest i havnt paid much attention to the groups thing but i clicked on a link that took me to the page so it was my first look around, i can understand groups for hydro growers, soil growers blah blah blah even for the old timer members though i dont think it should make a difference how long you have been on a site. I mean how long do we have to be a member for before we are invited to the Exclusive Club? But all im saying is that i think thc needs to be careful that it doesnt go down the us and them road, as i mentioned already there is a thread on that group that basically is saying dont you think that some of the new members are a bit touchey towards each other(along them lines anyway). Now if i was a new member and read this i would be thinking well this is a bit clicky inst it a place where old members can discuss the actions of new members and not give them chance to speak up. When this was posted im sure the member didnt think of it like this but this is how it might come across. i know it sounds like im really bothered about this as iv posted this thread but i honestly couldnt give a feck if there are certain groups its just that other members especially newer members might not see it like this, i just think its better if we was one big happy community with no exclusive groups where if there is any problems we can all discuss.....thats just my thought

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

dekay (08-03-10)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

i see yr piont yoko but some people just like bein around others who think like them its cool with me ,but i personally like chattin to everyone old, young ,veteran ,newb .we need them all.unity wud be nice tho.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adambomb For This Useful Post:

jazzcat (08-03-10), yoko2009 (08-03-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    the arcade is great but i can't play owt yet, not enough posts!
    lol
    regards
    jazzcat you only need 50 dont you? your 7 off, just go on a few threads and post a comment, your welcome to post a comment on any of my threads just saying hi if it will get you in the arcade mate, its good fun, crab volleyball is the bollox

14. The Following User Says Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

jazzcat (08-03-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    i see yr piont yoko but some people just like bein around others who think like them its cool with me ,but i personally like chattin to everyone old, young ,veteran ,newb .we need them all.unity wud be nice tho.
    adambomb i dont want to come across as a killjoy with this, im a little hungover and always like a rant when im in this mood but the new members comment in the group was a little low, i mean someone could easily start a group for new members only and then post a thread along the lines of (and this isnt my thoughts just an example by the way)
    "Dont you think some of the older members are up each others arses"
    and then things can escalate, where does it all end. we could end up with groups just giving help and advice on there own little groups rather than sharing with the whole community

16. The Following User Says Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (08-03-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

I think its good you care mate as for old members new members, i get a feeling theres not much u can do about those types of feelings when new members see other people bouncing off each other and u cant help it as i have know some people 2 years on here now and new members i will welcome bid good luck in their diary and so on but it takes a while to become cyber friends, like i said its good to hear a member bothered about others, thats what its all about and with people like u i am sure we can stop anything getting out of hand.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

jazzcat (08-03-10), yoko2009 (08-03-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Yoko you absolute knobhead.... Nevermind falling out over groups......

You fucking beat my top score on moon lander....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast