Thread: URGENT.....Leaves dying and falling off bottom of plant

Thanks

Exclamation URGENT.....Leaves dying and falling off bottom of plant

Hi there
    I have made a cupboard in my house in to a little grow room, the room is 600mm squared approx the plants have been growing to well germinated them on new years day and they were ready to pot about 3 days later and have been growing really well ever since, till now all the leaves on the bottom are wilting first then drying out and falling there are a few healthy leaves just falling off as well. Where the leaves are dying I am pulling them off and there are new leaves growing in there place. The plants are now approx from 60cm to 90cm tall and smell lovely, have been using baby bio when watering and watering every day like i said no probs till up till now. They have been potted for around 9 weeks now so is it time for them to flower can not see any signs of them doing this or do i need to change the light cycle for this to happen.....
    Any help would be appreciated don't want to loose the crop after all this work....
    Can add pics if needed but pretty straight forward now i am thinking about it wondering if doing something wrong for the flowering part.....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

lol your plants are 1m tall and still in veg There gonna be some beasts, you wanna hope there indica dominant or there gonna end up thru the roof!!

Flip the light to 12/12 to induce flowering, bearing in mind there gonna at least double in size when they stretchin flower...

Also at that age (9wks?) they should be showing pre-flowers...?
    You had a good check around the highest nodes for pistils or dreaded balls

Hope this helps a bit

What size pots are they in aswell?

Thanks

Hi thanks for that

I have attached some pics so you can see what it looks like but as far as i can see there are no signs of flowering at all... The seeds are bubblecheese....
    See what you think of the pics...

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

are you growing with a cfl? if so the light will not penetrate as good as an hps and you will get yellowing of lower growth
    you say you are watering every day? cannabis thrives and grows better when the soil is allowed to dry out between watering.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

So are you saying this is normal for this to happen is it because there is not enough light getting to the bottom leaves or should i be changing to my red bulb and doing 12/12 to flower??

Thanks

Soory meant to also say yes I am growing with a 300cfl lamp which i was told would be good enough for the space i have to grow with the pics look a bit better now but i did have 5 plants in there so there was one in the middle that i have now taken out i though better to loose 1 plant than all 5 ....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrandmrseagle View Post
    So are you saying this is normal for this to happen is it because there is not enough light getting to the bottom leaves or should i be changing to my red bulb and doing 12/12 to flower??
    i would trim some of the lowest growth wait a few days for the plant to recover then switch to 12/12 that light will not be strong enough to penetrate the lower growth when your plant has stretched after the start of flowering and do not water everyday

Thanks

dude,you let them grow too long...they are going to be enormous by the time theyre finished...and it doesnt look like you have the space for them...
    if i were you i would get some string and start manipulating them to pull them down and spread them apart a bit...the yellowing leaves are to be expected,and are the least of your worries...in my opinion.

Thanks

Thanks guys i have ordered my red cfl bulb and am going to prune the bottoms of them and then change to 12/12 i left them to grow so long as i thought they started to show signs of flowering and then you changed the bulb and timing my mistake oh well we learn from our mistakes lol.....