Thread: Okay.. I really don't know when to harvest and how to harvest my crop..

Thanks

Arrow Okay.. I really don't know when to harvest and how to harvest my crop..

Help please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

this is easy - harvest when the last midget from never whatever land scratches his left testical on the 3rd full moon of that year.

Thanks

Last edited by Nutty Professor; 12-03-10 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

yeah thats just about right cockroach but to go into it in abit more detail you sould be lookin at the brown hairs on the buds usally they need to be at least 50-75% brown not white on all the buds if that makes sence. as for cliping thats a personal prefernce i cut all side stems from main stem clip all excess leaves from the stems and buds hang upside down in dark room and just leave them for around a week dont be tempted to rush dry as this will completly knacker them up hope this helps alittle

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

Snail i dont mean to be rude mate but all that information is available on the novice section of the forum, you should have a good read of that and maybe check some of the old diaries that are about the forum there is a classic diary section, you will find massive amount of info there, then any q's come back to us happy reading fella

Thanks

Cheers lads

Thanks

You harvest depending on the strain your growing. I belive sativa plants can be harvested earlier than indica plants.

However you should be looking for atleast 50%-75% orange pistil coverage (the orange hairs), some people like to wait longer, I personally wait untill 90-100% of pistils have turned orange, and when the plant has lost most of its leafs and pretty much near the end of the plants life.

But 75-80% orange hairs is safe to harvest. And theres many ways you can harvest, I just cut the buds off 1 by 1, I hang the main cola and biggest buds upside down in darkness and i put the rest of the smaller buds in a plastic container and allow to dry for about a week.

Then once dry everything goes into air tight containers for about 2-4weeks, opening the containers once a day to allow fresh air in.

Thats harvesting, drying and curing all done in 5-6weeks for a nice smoke, you can skip the curing part and just let everything dry, but the smoke quality will only be a taste of what can be achived by curing.

Thanks

How do you store your weed once it is cured??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bertie View Post
    You harvest depending on the strain your growing. I belive sativa plants can be harvested earlier than indica plants.

However you should be looking for atleast 50%-75% orange pistil coverage (the orange hairs), some people like to wait longer, I personally wait untill 90-100% of pistils have turned orange, and when the plant has lost most of its leafs and pretty much near the end of the plants life.

Firstly Sativa's take a longer than Indica's to finish. Sativa's can take anwhere from approx 10 weeks to 17 weeks strain dependant. Most Indica's take from approx 6-10 weeks strain dependant.

Secondly never go by the hairs. There are many factors that can change the colour of hairs early in flower. Also if you let the plant go past the first browning of hairs then the buds fill out creating more hairs. Go by the thc. You'll need a good 30-100x scope. Then check this picture by "cheesegreen" (about half way down) to see when you want to harvest according to the high you want: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...4046-Trichomes
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

Thanks

I was reading this thread and about to say hang on a minute, has nobody thought to mention the magnifying glass? That's the best way to know when your crop is ready for harvest. Big up to the last poster!