Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best and cheap carbon filter?

Thanks

Default Best and cheap carbon filter?

Am looking about for a cheap and good carbon filter for my grow tent as am going to start flowering soon so the smell will get nasty!!!

Is there anything else u can use apart from a carbon filter kit? how bad is the smell? some people say its just a fresh sweet smell?

Like to request pictures of how people setup there grow tent with the carbon filter too, got 3 hole slots in my tent and it looks confusing...
    Last edited by Michael23; 19-03-10 at 03:40 AM.

Thanks

Fresh sweet smell.....lol. I got some great white shark at the mo that in my opinion smell like sweaty feet and its very strong. Got a sour cream on the go as well and that is smelling amazing, very much like grapefruit and very intense. Its all strain related with the smells so you can pick and chose to suit your situation.

With the filters its a case of you get what you pay for. You can get cheap but they prob wont last half as long as the more expensive. Also its better to get one that has a larger volume rating than the fan (8 inch filter for a 6 inch fan for example) then you're not running the filter at its max volume performance so it will be more effective and last a bit longer. I've got a 8" can carbon filter and so far its very good, dont get any odour in the house at all. Cost over a hundred tho so not cheap.

You can use lots of different things to try and mask the smell. Sprays, oils, jos sticks etc. My mate sprays those scented oils on a pair of tights and puts the tights over the extract duct so the scent goes all around the house. Theres a difference between masking a smell and getting rid of it tho. With the oils etc you will always have the weed smell in the background imo. You can also use ozone generators to get rid of smells but they arent cheap either.

I dont use a tent i'm just in a spare room and have passive intake from outside. I extract through two cooltubes to another room where the filter is......Windle

Thanks

carbon filter and extraction is essential with hid lighting
    you want
    filter>fan>ducting going out of the top hole in the tent
    cheap carbon filters only last 6-12 months but you can refill them with activated carbon, more expensive ones such as rhino filters can last 5 years
    Last edited by a13x; 19-03-10 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Ona air nuetrilisers are better than shit cheap carbon filters but there's only 1 way 4ward really , proper carbon filters , I used to try and find cheaper alternatives and it never works my m8 used to call me the corner cutter lol
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Thanks

Home made carbon filters are also an option. There's plenty of instructions on how to make them on the forum. There's a link in my sig that shows you how I made mine.
    200 watt hempy/soil comparison here

How I built my stealth cabinet here.

Thrilling reads I assure you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Home made carbon filters are also an option. There's plenty of instructions on how to make them on the forum. There's a link in my sig that shows you how I made mine.
    Can u show me the link please?

Carbon filter is just really a filter with lots of nice smell stuff in the filter? and a fan thats exhausting from the growroom?

Thanks

No, a carbon filter ABSORBS smells. It has no smell. The link is https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=19710 although if you don't know how it works, you might be better off buying one.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

DO NOT ATTEMPT A GROW UNLESS YOU SPEND WISLEY ON A GOOD CF!!! - cos if u buy a kwiksave version youll need to replace it after 6mnths and it probably wont mask the smell anyway so dont be such a scrooge and get ya hand in ya pocket and get a rhino - if you dont and i see that youve been busted ill make a thread explaining how stoopid it is to grow weed without a decent cf or none at all and ill dedicate it to you - and we will all laugh (well i will anyway)

imho a cf is theee most important bit of kit you will buy - remeber keep it stealthy 1st and foremost then after you know its safe knock yaself out with fan controllers/lightrails/more wattage...whatever man but at least then you know the only way you will be bagged is buy telling someone you grow. trust no one! and wear a tinfoil hat.
    cock

Thanks

Whats the best site to buy the Rhino filter that comes in a set and plug and play?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast