Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Undercurrent hydro systems

Thanks

Default Undercurrent hydro systems

Hello all,

I have been reading for quite awhile now on here and a us grow forum - it seems if you want to grow a couple the way forward is the waterfarm and aqua farms with sharks mod's

I was having a look at the us guys doing large comercial grows for medicnal all with in the law and wow amazing - they are going crazy over these undercurrent systems - link that with an itellidose system and you have a large low maintance grow.

Our be intrested to hear your thoughts....

Alex

Thanks

Interesting reading... here's some info pulled off one of the sites plus utube vid..
    Sounds like is aimed at large scale grows.

Hybrid Modular Hydroponic System featuring our Patent Pending Sub-Current Culture Method

Current Culture H2O brings you the revolutionary Under Current modular hydroponic system. This invention breaks new ground in the world of hydroculture. The Under Current combines the Deep Water Culture technique with our patent pending Sub-Current Culture method to create a truly unique style of plant cultivation.

This innovative application circulates literally hundreds of gallons of solution per hour beneath plant roots. An inline Danner Mag Drive pump provides peripheral negative pressure by thrusting nutrients back to a return module (Epicenter). From this point the solution is drawn from module to subsequent module, causing a type of perpetual fluid motion. 8 gallon growth modules are interconnected via 2" conduit, allowing nutrients unobstructed passage through the plants root zone.

The Under Current supercharges the solution with dissolved oxygen, creating a hyper aerobic condition ideal for beneficial microorganisms. Constant, 24/7 nutrient circulation ensures that pH and EC are uniform throughout the entire system. Each Under Current includes the powerful D.W.C Aeration Kit.This convenient kit enables growers to use the deep water culture method in conjunction with our patent pending Sub-Current Culture application.

● Hybrid Deep Water Culture /Sub-Current Culture method

● Provides unmatched dissolved oxygen levels

● 8 gallon growth module allows for maximum root development

● Circulates hundreds of gallons of solution per hour, keeping mineral/oxygen ratio consistent throughout system

● Grows huge ”specimen” type hydroponic plants

● Perfect for greenhouse or H.I.D. lighting foot prints

● Super charged oxygen levels ensure that beneficial microbes flourish

Thanks

Hello Wobble - these look good not sure where in the uk could get one tho, a texas guy had a 8x8 setup looked nice and clean, He said he needed a better pump tho in the main brain bucket but I beleive with an itellidose system this could be the business!!

cbd

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,996 Times

Hi guy's I have been looking at these for months with envy, so much so I am in the proccess of buying the bits to make one. They are ready available over here here a link to some 35ltr boxes that look good to me. There are some superb grow reports with the building of them on here to. They cost about £1,500 dollars plus shipping and duty, for an eight pot Under culture system you could build the same things for about £400 ish. Allthough one key component is best to come from the states, there called uniseals they are on ebay.com and they will deliver to the uk. I would really appeciate any feedback on the boxes, I think they are right for the job but will alway's listen to someone with more experience.

http://www.ajproducts.co.uk/Products...&pageID=459431

Peace and big buds

Thanks

they will do the job for sure mate they seem a nice box.

im not sure about the uniseals, i think u may need a lot of sealant to stop them from leaking thats why i didnt go for them but ask sqydro on here about them im sure he can tell you more as he used them.

i went for the mcalpine 40mm tank fitting

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (29-02-12)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply I wish I knew about the uniseals I have just ordered them today. I did see sqydro post when he got them but I'm probably not upto date did he have problems with them.

I saw them being used on the under culture system as well and thought they looked spot on.

I have got most of the bits now I only have the pump to buy and I have seen just the job on the bay.

Are there any measurements that you found to be impotant in the construction process.

Thanks once again for your input.

Thanks

i don't think he had any problems with them just took ages to get here and a bit of sealant but what home made system aint got sealant on it

Thanks

i wish i knew where to get them pots from in the utube vid

sqydro Guest

the uni seals were fine no leak from the seals at all i used no more nails on all of them just for peace of mind! they took ages to get here though mate thats the only prob i had with them, build ur own undercurrent system mate i have a how to thread on her which shows u easily how to do it!! i change it half way through the how to so have a gander there mate! let me know if u need a hand to build it!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (29-02-12), Heath's Deciple (08-03-12)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice and offer of help much appreciated, I have read some of your thread about building them I will go back and read them again. I know what you mean about the wait but when I have ordered thing from the US in the past it has only ever taken 10-14 days I dont mind as I am veging some plants at the moment and a couple more weeks wont hurt them. Is there a critical height between the bottom of the net pot and the water. I have decided to build an eight pot system and decided on the 2500-5000 ltr/hour pump which is ajustable what would the correct flow be roughly. Does it make any difference what height the flow and return pipes go into the pots.

Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast