Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: got my fan and filter help please

Thanks

Default got my fan and filter help please

hi all im i bit embarassed i got my fan filter and that acoustic ducting stuff

i have a cooltube how do i set it all up i take it i need the filter inside the tent but i want the fan to be outside im a bit confused on how i get it all right can anyone help please ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

i havent used a cooltube b4 so cant really say but its not a problem to have the cf on the outside of the tent/box and blow through it rather than suck
    so it would be...... intake ducting-cootube-extraction ducting-fan-carbon filter- if that doesnt make sense ask and ill try explianing it a different way #
    cock

Thanks

this is my groom - it has the cf on the inside and the fan outside. dont see why u cant do the same but have the cf on the end of the extraction.

Thanks

i wasnt thinking of intake ducting i hought cos of the size and 2 vents at the bottom if the fan was sucking away it would sort itself out tent is near a window that is open more that shut so i thought it would sorta be passive ?

Thanks

does a cooltube even work properly without ducting on both ends? im not sure but ill guess - no

did you not look this stuff up before you bought it? lol

Thanks

no i went on bad advice in a shop fella told me id need a cooltube if getting a fan.
    i thought id have to have the ducting attached to one side of the cooltube going out of the tent connected to the fan but i cant see where i fit the filter in

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

If your running a cool tube you should be running cool air through it from the outside of your grow room. You don't want to be sucking in hot air from the inside of your tent through your cool tube. You can stick the CF on the outside of the tent with air pushing through it but if there are any leaks before the filter it will let stinky air out. If you pull air threw the filter any leaks or bad seals will suck air in. This will reduce any extra smells making sure any air from your grow will be filtered. If your going to filter your air suck air threw your filter otherwise you will chance having a smell anyway.

Why don't you put pics up of what you got so we can see what your working with.
    Last edited by BURNZ; 31-03-10 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

look at this...as far as i know thats how a cooltube is set up

now the plants will still need fresh air....how do you plan to give it to them?
    if i were you man id just read up a bit and find out what i really need then take it back if u need to and go from there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BURNZ View Post
    If your running a cool tube you should be running cool air through it from the outside of your grow room. You don't want to be sucking in hot air from the inside of your tent through your cool tube. You can stick the CF on the outside of the tent with air pushing through it but if there are any leaks before the filter it will let stinky air out. If you pull air threw the filter any leaks or bad seals will suck air in. This will reduce any extra smells making sure any air from your grow will be filtered. If your going to filter your air suck air threw your filter otherwise you will chance having a smell anyway.

Why don't you put pics up of what you got so we can see what your working with.
    so would the mean me haveing the fan outside connected to ducting rinning to ine end of the cooltube the ducting off the other end running into filter
    this is where in getting lost
    if u have a better way burnz mate could ya put it in silly git terms for me lol

Thanks

i cant afford to replace the cooltube with anything else atm i see how that pic works but i only have one hole at the top of my tent big enough for any ducting so really the fella shouldnt have sold me the bloody thing at all but i have to make do till i can get things better

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast