Thread: When should I start adding my nutrients to coco?

Thanks

Default When should I start adding my nutrients to coco?

After my failed first grow due to over feeding I have now just germinated my next batch of seeds. I have been given these dry coco brick things in a net that I have soaked in regular water and added my little seeds with tap roots.
    Now I have been told to give it only water for a little while before I start feeding them a weak nutrient solution. Trouble is I don't know how long this period of no nutes should be!? After X time, after X height or what!? Can anybody help me before this batch dies of under feeding!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

ive already been told off for this but i dont feed until they are 4/5" tall - thats me tho and most will tell you its a bad idea and big no no and blahbadeebabba
    cock

rule of thumb always use less than the bottle says - if it says 10mls per liter put in 5mls per liter - even with any seedling or root feed

Thanks

I've got an E/C meter so I'm should be ok with the strength of the solution. I was gonna start on 0.4 EC and gradually work up to 1.5 which leads me another question of how slowly should I build up the EC? Do people say you should start feeding them before 4/5" tall then? Is so what height should I really be looking at - 2 to 3"?

Thanks

whats your waters ec? out of the tap make sur you half it then go from there
    the plants will tell you when to up the feed bruvva via the ec readings - if you add nutes and check later and see that its risen then the plants are saying more water - vise versa

Thanks

Do you mean I should check the EC of the run off water? I haven't checked the EC of the water only.

Thanks

hmmm i forget your coco - what i meant was when i fill my NFT with new fresh water i know my water ec is 0.8 so i count half that - so my ec is actually 0.4 then i add nutes until i get the desired reading.