Thread: Using orange / Lemon peel to cure buds

Thanks

Default Using orange / Lemon peel to cure buds

I have just chopped down my 1st plant, Red Cherry Berry grown in Hydro, & she's now drying... I've seen posts saying you can use orange or Lemon peel to help get a bit of moisture back, do you use the whole of the peel, ie - eat the inside of an orange, then use the entire skin & rind-y bit, or shave off the outside?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokaa View Post
    I have just chopped down my 1st plant, Red Cherry Berry grown in Hydro, & she's now drying... I've seen posts saying you can use orange or Lemon peel to help get a bit of moisture back, do you use the whole of the peel, ie - eat the inside of an orange, then use the entire skin & rind-y bit, or shave off the outside?
    To be fair mate you want it bone dry, so the stems snap...why would you want to add moisture, surely the act of 'drying' means exactly that?....

You can add an 'aroma' of pretty much anything when you're curing, peels like you say, and they will add some moisture and a very strong flavour....if the peel isnt dried the weed will soak up all the citrus juices and smells and become acrid.

Better to dry it peoperly first, then have a play with aromas and tastes, a clove or two in the bottom of your cure jar gives the weed a lovely spicey undertone....

Thanks

well when i cured myne using lemon peel i waited till the dro was bone dry then put it in the jar about2/3 full then put in about a quarter of a whole lemon peel left it overnight and took it out when i woke up in the mornin worked a treat
    I DONT EAT CHEESE I SMOKE IT