Thread: Seedlings stopped growing

Thanks

Angry Seedlings stopped growing

i have been growing different types of seeds in my closet for 9 days now in 8cm clear plastic cups.they have grown bigger everyday some upto 6cm high some only 4cm but most with nice green leaves .but all have totally stopped growing 2 days ago.3 of them were just about to drop the seed of the end of their leaf but it looks like it will never drop.
    the temp is always between 70 - 90 but i do not have a fan in there i just leave the door open slightley and they were fine
    has any1 got any ideas????????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

dunno really sam, under/over watering maybe?, perhaps it's just impatience? i know that i often think that they are growing at a snails pace when they are young. get a fan thi for sure, this will definately help as they cannot absorb co2 through their stomatae if the air is not moving
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to katy For This Useful Post:

sam423 (10-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

1st ov all m8 have u cut holes for drainage in the cups ? Cause ya need em and a cups job is to hold water .
    2nd they are clear and roots do not like light , that's why they grow under ground .
    3rd ,90 is way to hot , 74-80 is good .
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

1st ov all m8 have u cut holes for drainage in the cups ? Cause ya need em and a cups job is to hold water .
    2nd they are clear and roots do not like light , that's why they grow under ground .
    3rd ,90 is way to hot , 74-80 is good .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

sam423 (10-04-10)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

As above....plus - Gently prise open and pull the empty seed shell off. Regarding the lack of growth, be patient mate... initially once a seedling breaks the surface of the soil it shoots up tall and skinny towards the light, after a week or so the growth height slows and the seedling starts to build it's stem structure and leaves. Ideally, you want it to stay short and stocky, not tall and sparse, so forget about measuring the cm's each day mate, as it will seem like the growth is taking forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

sam423 (10-04-10)