Thread: Hempy Bucket Guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Default Hempy Bucket Guide

I am going to write a hempy guide for my own personal use and the use of others if they wish. I no enough but have no real experience in hydro. I have been taking the best note my eyes could find, jotting them down and now turning them into a guide on THC-T.

To make a hempy bucket first you will need anything from a 5 liter to 20 liter bucket, 10 liter being spot on. The bucket you use will need to be of a dark coulor so no light shines through the bucket because light and water are a recipe for algae disaster (I used 3 layers of duck tape on outside of the bucket). Drill a 10mm hole 2 inches up the bucket and attach some sort of gauze so you don't lose the perlite out of the hole. You will then need 3 - 4 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite and wash all the dust and dirt off using a siv under a tap and fill your hempy bucket with your medium mix. Now you will need to make a plain water feed with a ph of 6.0 to ph the perlite, say your using a 6.5 liter bucket then you water with 5.5 - 6.5 litres of water only for the first time, now you can place your seedling/clone in your bucket. Everyday, every other day from now you will need to water plain 6.0ph water so 30% of what you put in comes back out your drain hole, maybe feeding half strength seedling nutrients once or twice a week, you will need to water every day every other day until the tap root hit the reservoir, there should be a vast increase in growth to let you know this has happened. Once the tap root hits the res you should start watering less frequent, like once or twice a week depending on what your plants telling you, carry on with this upping nutes when needed/when plants ask for them and you should be fine.

Hope this is of some help as it is for me and I will add more/better info as my experience grows.

Peace

Muller
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muller For This Useful Post:

JefferyLebowski (23-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,775 Times

I fell at the first hurdle... I have a 3.5 Ltr hempy

You can also just use perlite if you want, allows for recycling of the perlite too
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Muller (15-04-10)

Thanks

3.5L will probably still work mate, 12/12.

Thanks

For the first 10-14 days water them daily at least! Should the occassion arise for me to do another hempy bucket, that's exactly what I will do.

Some strains don't like feeding too early; Big Bang is one such strain, I'm doing one in a 8L bucket at the moment and it's not performed basically due to over feeding (reaction against the early nutes) and under watering (me not realising it needed watering daily) in the early stages. I've had nothing but trouble right from the start with that one and it only reached 20", so if I'm very lucky might just scrape an oz.

I am using R.O'd water in my hempies, with a background EC 0.00-0.05 - PH 5.7, which when mixed with the nutes (GHE 3 part series) gives a feed solution/mix of EC 0.88 - PH 5.1, I believe that the EC of 0.88 was far too strong in the earlier "seedling" stages of growth and also it is far too low for the later stages of flowering. So would just recommend that you keep an eye on the feed solution/mix, just to be sure.

If space isn't going to be an issue veg for a bit longer than you normally do, otherwise the yield will be poor because the plants will be small.

3000 years ago, the Scythians, who lived north of the Black Sea, produced intoxicating vapours by throwing Cannabis onto hot stones.

Marching On Together! #ALAW...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steptoe For This Useful Post:

JefferyLebowski (23-12-13), Muller (15-04-10)

Thanks

This is good guys, keep that info coming.

Peace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,775 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Muller View Post
    3.5L will probably still work mate, 12/12.
    Maybe I should have mentioned it is an auto... and doing very nicely too

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    For the first 10-14 days water them daily at least! Should the occassion arise for me to do another hempy bucket, that's exactly what I will do.
    My next hempy bucket I'm going to back off with the water for the first couple of weeks. This is my second hempy bucket, the first one, watered daily, showed signs of overwatering then turned hermie on me This one didn't get as much water, but still done daily, also showed signs of overwatering and tried to hermie but not as bad so I picked the bannanas off & it's still happily growing

I'm going to try every 2/3 days next time (or if it starts wilting)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Muller (15-04-10)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

has anyone tried a hempy in the garden?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    has anyone tried a hempy in the garden?
    What a great idea!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muller For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (17-04-10)

Thanks

Cool

i got 3 hempys on the go at the moment in my tent, i wont be doing any in a UK garden tho.
    check out my grow diary its the link below titles ongrowing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Humph For This Useful Post:

Fairy (14-12-13)