Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My bud smells weird...

Thanks

Default My bud smells weird...

I chopped down my Red Cherry Berry 12 days ago, after a 10-day water flush. (grown in hydro, indoors, & it was dry-ish even before the chop).

I had the manicured buds hanging in the dark, humidity at 40%, temps around 23-24°, for 9 days, by then the buds were so dry they would crumble if I touched them. The stems had a "snap" to them, so I got a load of glass jars, & put the buds into these. But since then, when I open the jars to burp them, the weed has a really weird, starchy smell to it - in every jar - ?

it doesn't smell good at all, not right, I've been all over thctalk & quite a few other forums, looking for answers to this, but I've drawn a blank. Far as I can tell, I've done everything right, is this normal? Pls chirp in, I took almost 23oz off this girl & it all looks absolutely great... Loadsa brown & red hairs, darkish green, but the smell is fookin terrible!

I'm a noob to this, & this is the 1st plant I've grown, so I've no idea if this is normal, or if something's gone a bit wrong - I've checked for budrot, no signs of this at all... but it don't smell like weed to me (I had a J off it the other night, got me a strange buzz, & massive para, & a fekin headache to boot!)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

A mate of mine recently had some really odd smelling bud. Turned out to be just damp still, let it dry out properly and it stank lovely.

Does it grind properly? his appears mostly dry but tried grinding it and thats when the moisture became apparent

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

sometimes nasty smelling bud is a sign of mould, budrot, mouldrot? bud mould? feck im stoned lol
    cock

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks

Does it smell green, like warm lettuce or warm veg if so your fine its just what happens until youve cured it.

If it smells like mould and is squidgy with white fuzz you have budrot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazzzzt For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

^^^ like Kazzzzt says, until it is cured it doesn't smell right.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tokaa View Post
    the buds were so dry they would crumble if I touched them
    Maybe too dry?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naxx For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

will probably be nothing wrong with it, all varieties have diff smells. I had half of jack-horror last week that smelled pretty rank but still knocked mi ed off lol, totally diff to some other green week before with the sweeter skunky snell but it stilll does the biznizz,

just let it cure some more fella

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

23/24c??is too high for starters infact thats near optimum day temps, you wanted more like 15/19c - you dried it too fast, then because it felt dry to touch you jarred it while it was still too moist inside or not fully dry enough to jar. i was stoned earlier lol
    cock

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

tokaa (15-04-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CockRoach View Post
    23/24c??is too high for starters infact thats near optimum day temps, you wanted more like 15/19c - you dried it too fast, then because it felt dry to touch you jarred it while it was still too moist inside or not fully dry enough to jar. i was stoned earlier lol
    cock
    temps around 23-24°, for 9 days at that temp for that long the weed will be dry right through for sure,

weed can take weeks to gets its "weed" like smell back through curing, if your smelling it as soon as you open the jar then the smell aint to nice, let the buds air and then smell again,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzzt View Post
    Does it smell green, like warm lettuce or warm veg if so your fine its just what happens until youve cured it.

If it smells like mould and is squidgy with white fuzz you have budrot.
    I appreciate the replies fellas, it is a kind of weird veggie smell, a bit like warm lettuce. I'm 100% sure theres no budrot, I checked every bud last nite, right thru to the stem. I'll keep it curing then, I was just a bit concerned I'd lost 20+ Oz! Joints all round, on me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast