Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My bud smells weird...

Thanks

when i cut mine it smelt like fresh cut grass which it was in a way lol but no it didnt smell like weed it smelt more sickly strong compost

Thanks

That's exactly it Hunter, I've kept checking for budrot because of that smell, thinking theres no way it could be right...?! So your stuff came good after a cure then mate? (smell & taste-wise)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokaa View Post
    That's exactly it Hunter, I've kept checking for budrot because of that smell, thinking theres no way it could be right...?! So your stuff came good after a cure then mate? (smell & taste-wise)
    yeah was really nice stuff strongest iv ever had a real fruity taste

Thanks

could the jars be tainted? was anything in them previously other than bud?
    i used a very well washed beetroot jar to store some of my first crop. the jar was super clean and had no detectable smell when i jarred up but the weed did pick up a noticable vinegary tinge to it after a while curing which i can only put down to the seal in the lid retaining the smell of its original contents. lesson learnt for me.

Thanks

That's another problem I had, I had a shit-load of pickle jars, scrubbed the fook outta them, but the LIDS are impossible to get the pickled smell out of... so I binned that idea, bought a boot-load of new glass jars, from my local hardware shop, washed them beforehand, so I'm sure it's not that... I lined a plastic storage tub with foil yesterday & put a load of buds in that, left it open overnight, then sealed the top with a heavy wooden board... The buds in there seem to have lost that bad smell, but the rest in the jars is the same. (I burped the jars for about 2-3 hours today also) I might rotate the other jarred buds through this tub, as it seems to scrub off a lot of the bad smell, can it be re-hydrated "dealer-style" to re-ignite it tho...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

you dont have to cure your budd to get the smell at all
    i never cure and my budds always stinky and tastes better than the shit on the streets
    sounds to me like its been dried to quick
    or with a fan directly on it , u didnt do that did u?
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

tokaa (16-04-10), WWBB (13-07-17)

Thanks

yeh maybe it just dried a little too fast.

esp if it crumbles like dust.

when i did that my bud lost its smell so i put some bud that wasn't quite dry (but almost) in the jars with it, and burped it a couple of times a day, the dry stuff semmed to draw some moisture from the other and it all came good in the end.

as long as it smokes good aye?
    understanding why you REALLY need a KINGSIZE since 1796

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rizla For This Useful Post:

tokaa (16-04-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nooby_dr_g_is_back View Post
    sounds to me like its been dried to quick
    or with a fan directly on it , u didnt do that did u?
    This is what I don't get, the buds were already dry on the outside, during the last few days of the flush... I was putting pH5.8 water in the res, no nutes, then within a day the ec had jacked up from my water's background ec of 0.7 to 1.6-1.8... This must be the plant getting rid of stored nutes in the roots, I changed the water daily to help this happen, in the last 3-4 days (of a 10-day flush) the ec then remained at 0.7, so I thought "all good".

But the buds were touch-dry, not really much smell at all. When I hung them to dry in the room, I had a fan on the lowest setting, pointing into a corner of the grow room on a timer, 20 mins per hour... So the air was being circulated, but not flowing directly on the buds.

I've opened the lid of the big tub I switched some of them into, and the buds in there are now starting to get a sweeter, buzzy smell... I rekon I had them too tightly packed in the jars (doh) as the jarred stuff still has the weird smell. Lesson learned, line a plastic tub with tin foil & use that to cure... I've got 20+ oz off this one biatch, & had to chop my other 2 plants down (males) so I'm relying on this lot coming good, so I got something to smoke!

"as long as it smokes good aye?" - I'm hoping it will Rizla, I mean it looks the absolute shit, loads of dark brown & red hairs, nice look... Now the smell is coming round.. If it keeps improving, my last hurdle is how to get it slightly moist again - I read a post on another forum where this guy uses a pan of boiling water & a grate over it, puts the buds over the top for 30 seconds per side, he rekons this improves the smell & makes the bud smoke a bit better too, if it's too dry

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

To get it slightly moist again most people stick in a little piece of orange peel stuck to the underside of their curing jars.
    I think it only needs a few hours and you should have moisture back in the buds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

tokaa (16-04-10)

Thanks

Superb, does that give it an orangey tang or smell, could be nice!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2