Thread: Banana Leaves????

Thanks

Default Banana Leaves????

Hey
    Got a bit of problem with one of plants in my grow diary, it's a soil grow & i'v got a few problems with the leaves? They are starting to resemble bananas which aint a good thing. some fold down the way but there are also a few folding upwards? I'v heard leaves that curl towards the sky are lacking magnesium but more are facing down the way? Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be & a solution? Has been in flowering for two weeks now but a few of the leaves were doing this before hand so not too sure if it's linked with the changing of the photo-period. The Ph is just a little above 7 and am in the process of lowering it. I'm also using very weak nutes as i'm not sure if it's a case of nute lockout. Any advice would be well appreciated?

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/...m/CIMG6111.JPG

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/...m/CIMG6110.JPG

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/...m/CIMG6109.JPG

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/...m/CIMG6108.JPG

Cheers all =)
    My First Grow Diary =) Lemon Skunk Oxypot, Delahaze aquafarm & Soil adoption Unknown! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ahaze+aqaufarm

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

How much/often are you watering mate, and how big are your pots?

Thanks

It was in a 10l pot then i transplanted it into a 15l pot about a month ago & filled the other 5l space with bat mix. I've been giving it about a litre every two days. Seems like it needs it as it seems to dry out really quickly =)

Thanks

Here are some fresh photos taken just now. As it spreads to the top of the plant it doesn't seem to know whether to fold up or down? Cant seem to work it out!!

Thanks

Clawing is usually a sign of either over-watering, or too high/low temps mate.

You shouldn't need to water a 15L pot every 2 days mate, a pot that size after a good watering should retain water for at least 4 or 5 days, even with big flowering plants. If it were me, instead of giving them 1L every 2 days i'd probably give them a few litres every 4/5/6 days and let them stand in the run-off for 10 minutes or so, and then wait until the pot is light and the soil almost bone dry before watering again, so that the roots get plenty of air.

If your temperatures are ok, then i'd say the watering is the issue mate.

Apart from the clawing, they are looking nice and lush, so your feeding regime is spot on!

just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Grub; 15-04-10 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Brilliant mate, thank you so much. I think i was over analyzing, these problem solving websites end up making you more worried that you started off!! Started off thinking it was a minor problem then today thought it was gonna die!! Thats a weight of my shoulders! So what do you think i should do now. Gave it very little water yesterday, say half a litre. Seems to just go straight through and out the bottom? Doesn't seem to be holding much, is that because it's so dry or already holding a lot of water? =)

Thanks

The weight of the pot is your best guide mate, if there's not a lot of water in it, it will be very easy to pick up with one hand, if it's heavy and you struggle to lift it with one hand then it doesn't need watering.

I would wait now until the pot dries out, then water with maybe 4/5 litres (with a big pot underneath to catch the run-off), and let it stand in the run-off for 10-15 minutes to allow the water to soak back up as needed. You shouldn't need to water then for a few days, maybe more.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Sgt Bilko (15-04-10), Uzergu1de (23-04-10)

Thanks

Cheers Grub =) Thats a big help! To be honest i didn't really pay much attention to my watering routine. Just threw some water in when i thought it looked dryish! Will pay more attention in future!! Cheers again grub, u just made my day =)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt Bilko For This Useful Post:

Grub (15-04-10)