Been Thanked: 58,360 Times

will have to wait to read need higher post count

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by christiger View Post
    will have to wait to read need higher post count
    You don't need a post count to read this thread?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

I am a couple weeks away from curing and drying. Reading your post caused me compare mentally my method to yours. I have done other grows where I bent the tops and topped as you have in your example. This 3 plant grow what I have tried is leaving the plants unchanged structurally, their triangle shape. I did trim off the bottom fourth of branches. Once they started flowering I started trimming off what I've come to learn as the shade leaves. These are your basic marijuana symbol leaves. Over the course of a 2 week period I will trim off as many shade leaves as possible without touching the forming flowers. As well I take in consideration support for the forming flowers. You mentioned candelabra shape in your example and that is almost exactly what I have with all buds forming on the tops of their branches, no flowers pointing downwards as I have cut them off. This leads to as many points as possible having the ability to gather light. All the surrounding area about the plants is reflective mylar. Not sure what the weigh out will be at harvest but I am interested to find out and will share. The next plants are getting ready to go as this is being typed. These next ones I am going to try a combination of your topping example along with trimming methods. Thanks for the post.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Panama2Red0 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Thanks yoko for this read really helped a lot, do you think ive left it to late to prune mine like this ??? ...im just starting my 4th week of flowering now ....this is my 1st grow ever so eager to learn fast....thanks in advance

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ajw1974 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    i was thinking maybe you could use a couple of fluorescents lay across the base of your plants with reflectors bouncing the light up, you could use the type you get for fish tanks and also a tube thats suitable for plant growth, i know there is a few aquatic tubes you can buy for aquatic plants so maybe these would work?
    I found daylight fluorescent light bulbs are 6500k and fish tank are 4500k so I think the daylight bulbs are better for veg and are a lot cheaper
    Then warm white are 2500k and are better for flower stage and are cheap
    That's what I found anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Richmond For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

camkush Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    I found daylight fluorescent light bulbs are 6500k and fish tank are 4500k so I think the daylight bulbs are better for veg and are a lot cheaper
    Then warm white are 2500k and are better for flower stage and are cheap
    That's what I found anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoko hasn't been online since 2011 buddy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Trex (14-07-17)

Thanks

im going to begin 3 plants all in autopots so im going to do one utilizing the pruning strategy over, one simply keep leaves trimmed to a base and the other simply leave be. Ideally this will give me a superior thought of what works best for yields i now you cant truly go of one test however it can help place you the correct way.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart Broad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

On my first grow I done basically the method above, they were all topped at node 3 and 5.
    When 2 weeks into flower everything for the first 12 inches was taken off and pruned away a small amount of leaf.
    I had 4 main heads on each plant and what I call the popcorn buds at the bottom.
    I had allot of stress issues which is another matter and ended up with 15 plants producing 12 ounces.
    This time I'm getting rid of the first foot from pot up but taking away none of the leaves to keep the canopy dense enough to avoid light growing pointless bits and wasting energy at the bottom.
    They will only be topped the one time at node 6 and after 3 days will be put into flower.
    The canopy was uneven last time and I had 3 lights and plants of all sizes spread between them, this time I've raised the ones falling behind to keep them all having equal light.

This post is great more in depth than I was told how to do it but on a first attempt 15 seeds 15 plants 12 ounces was ok.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 25%+THC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Each of the shade leaves leads to a potential bud site, these leaves are the ones that take all the energy in during light period and feed the bud sites at night.
    On my first grow I was told to do this and it severely affected the growth of my buds and slowed the plant to a halt.
    The more leaves the more energy she can take in and that will give you bigger yields.
    Obviously if your way works for you that is great, everyone appears to grow different and has success rates around the same, the chap who told me how to use the method in this post has been growing for 12 years and every single time does this method and gets a good kilo from 6 plants.
    Me I got 12 ounces from 15 lol.
    I am strongly for the clean up part, I think anything below a certain point on your plant should just be taken off to preserve the energy for the main bud sites but removing leaves is a high stress action that really will affect yield.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 25%+THC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 25%+THC View Post
    Each of the shade leaves leads to a potential bud site, these leaves are the ones that take all the energy in during light period and feed the bud sites at night.
    On my first grow I was told to do this and it severely affected the growth of my buds and slowed the plant to a halt.
    The more leaves the more energy she can take in and that will give you bigger yields.
    Obviously if your way works for you that is great, everyone appears to grow different and has success rates around the same, the chap who told me how to use the method in this post has been growing for 12 years and every single time does this method and gets a good kilo from 6 plants.
    Me I got 12 ounces from 15 lol.
    I am strongly for the clean up part, I think anything below a certain point on your plant should just be taken off to preserve the energy for the main bud sites but removing leaves is a high stress action that really will affect yield.
    You need to read the rules sir! hammers hurt!
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast