Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

Thanks

this was very useful, thanks-

thing is, my plants arent getting 100% sunlight, or 100% HPS (depending on weather i put them in or out), so im not too sure about "cleaning" off the lower brances yet..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunkyjoey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), yoko2009 (20-07-10)

Thanks

I think the 'cleaning off' you refer to is more about the 'fluff' that doesn't do anything. The more buds you have the more the plants food resources have to be stretched. Why waste its energy on silly popcorn buds, when you can send the energy to your bigger buds?

Fluff meaning the small heads that grow in and around the main stem and the bottoms of the branches. To be fair though at the switch, or a few days before, i look over my plants and decide what buds have a chance of reaching the light, how stretchy they are, and whether that 'matchstick' thick branch will ever amount to anything. If not, away it goes. And it does make a difference concentrating the growth.

Even in full sunlight there will be small, and useless growth that will never get any light, get rid. In scrogs you remove everything below the canopy top, that demonstrates you can be quite harsh to no ill effect, and mostly to a greater effect, if you do it well, and correctly.

Last edited by starchild; 20-07-10 at 03:36 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), yoko2009 (20-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

I agree the popcorn bud at the bottom of the plant is better removed - It can be prone to budrot too.

I was thinking of strapping a 24" T5 FL tube in each corner of the tent to light from the top of the pot upwards to make up for the lack of penitration from CFL's.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bimble View Post
    I agree the popcorn bud at the bottom of the plant is better removed - It can be prone to budrot too.

I was thinking of strapping a 24" T5 FL tube in each corner of the tent to light from the top of the pot upwards to make up for the lack of penitration from CFL's.
    Good idea mate, as long as you can get rid of the heat, people underestimate the heat given off by Florescant and CFL lighting, cause its cooler than HPS/MH people assume its cold. far from it. 4 tubes in a tent, on top of whatever lighting you already have with treble the amount of heat, if not quadruple it.

Using a few small cfls, 20/25/30/40w can do as good a job, and create less heat by a long way.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

bushman123 (02-06-13), GEORGE (27-10-19), yoko2009 (29-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrams View Post
    Nice post mate, glad you posted this because you would be suprized at how many people have there lights to close or to far away. Also topping is another soar subject with alot of growers who usually end up cutting not enough or to much. I personally love to FIM (Fuck I Missed) my plants I also clone alot so that helps remove alot of the lower branches because if I want 8 clones I always make sure I cut 10 or 12 and pick the best looking and strongest looking and bin the rest.

I was thinking of using mirrors in my grow room to try and bounce some light back up under the colas and top branches, has anyone else ever used mirrors in there grow tents/rooms or know anyone who has...? If the answers yes was it any good and would you recommend it...?
    i wouldent use mirrors i tried that with my very first plant it didnt go so well if anything cut out the shape of your plant pot with the same stuff your using for your tent/growroom and cut halfway through and cut out the shape of the stem so that you can rest it ontop of you compost/bottom of the plant this has a massive affect on the bottom of the plant as it is getting almost the same amount of light as the top if well positioned

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannabigbud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), yoko2009 (29-04-11)

Thanks

Talking

great info! I like the non tech jargen...easy for a stoner to comprehend.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimbo420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), yoko2009 (29-04-11)

Thanks

so whens the best time to top the plants?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedgrower1 View Post
    so whens the best time to top the plants?
    eney time at the sixth node! i go 8 but its not much diff as long as its nice n tightly noded!
    simples!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meercat.com For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

am thinken of growen with plant magic coco, anyone had any good results?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sickweed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

I wasn't impressed with Plant Magic and reverted back to Advanced Nutrients and since then have never used anything else. Before Plant Magic I tried Ionic Hydroponic HW (Grow, Bloom and Boost) but otherwise Advanced for me every time No nutrient compares to Advanced Nutrients as far as I'm concerned but everyone has there own favourite. It's personal choice really.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast