Thread: mother plants or not

sabar Guest

Default mother plants or not

is there an advantage to keeping mother plants. i dont really have space plus usually grow 4-5 plants each a different strain.i have always cloned plants before flowering to keep strains going.this time blueberry has not been producing as maybe the 5 previous grows.the other plants in the tent are doing well,they are different cuts and younger as in 2 previous grows.it just looks as if the blueberry has run its course.its about 6 weeks flowering and not as heavy as before.is there some degrading when cloning clones?

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

there is a advantage of keeping mother plants in the vegging period,you can keep taking clones from the mother plant for years if you keep her 18/12..and you can take cuttings from the clones when they are big enough..so i dont think mother plant will degrade at all if it is healthy and stays healthy..

Looking for New Pastures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

strewth Guest

If your short on space mate, why not try your hand at grafting, all your strains on one plant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post: