Greenhouse Grow - Moby Dick

This thread won't be a full and detailed diary. More of a place to post some notes and piccys during the summer months with a couple of plants being grown in the greenhouse. The main plant of interest will be a Dinfem's 'Moby Dick'. Dinafem's notes written about it sound quite good and if it turns out ok I'll be growing it in the next hydro grow in the autumn.

Baby Moby - hee hee....is now three weeks old and has been living on the window sill when it's been chilly and in the greenhouse when it's been sunny. I love to spoil my girls lol. She is a little strechy and skinny at the moment but the roots had started to show out of the bottom of the pot so yesterday I potted her up into her final large 25 ltr pot.

Some piccys....

Growing Medium
The soil used is 50% normal potting compost and 50% John Innes No3. A really good helping of perlite was added...about 1/2 a bag. She won't need feeding for a while but when she does I'll be using BioCanna's products Vega and Flores and possibly Tomatorite. Apparently Moby Dick's like lots of light and lots of food.

The Plan
The plan is to veg her till she is about 3 or 4 feet tall then switch to flowering. I have a nice trolley on which the pot will sit and I can wheel about from the greenhouse into the dark shed and back again. We'll aim to keep her at about 6 feet overall and no more than 3 feet wide as we need to get her through a door. So this girl won't be LST'd...we'll just see how she does naturally.

Bugs and Things
Greenhouses are notorious for bugs and creatures so I've the usual remidies for spidermites and black gnats and so on. A good spraying of Neem Oil will be used weekly. It works very well as I've used it on a number of previous occasions.

I think that's about it for the moment - peace