Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenhouse Grow - Moby Dick

Thanks

Smile Greenhouse Grow - Moby Dick

Greenhouse Grow - Moby Dick

This thread won't be a full and detailed diary. More of a place to post some notes and piccys during the summer months with a couple of plants being grown in the greenhouse. The main plant of interest will be a Dinfem's 'Moby Dick'. Dinafem's notes written about it sound quite good and if it turns out ok I'll be growing it in the next hydro grow in the autumn.

Baby Moby - hee hee....is now three weeks old and has been living on the window sill when it's been chilly and in the greenhouse when it's been sunny. I love to spoil my girls lol. She is a little strechy and skinny at the moment but the roots had started to show out of the bottom of the pot so yesterday I potted her up into her final large 25 ltr pot.

Some piccys....

Growing Medium
    The soil used is 50% normal potting compost and 50% John Innes No3. A really good helping of perlite was added...about 1/2 a bag. She won't need feeding for a while but when she does I'll be using BioCanna's products Vega and Flores and possibly Tomatorite. Apparently Moby Dick's like lots of light and lots of food.

The Plan
    The plan is to veg her till she is about 3 or 4 feet tall then switch to flowering. I have a nice trolley on which the pot will sit and I can wheel about from the greenhouse into the dark shed and back again. We'll aim to keep her at about 6 feet overall and no more than 3 feet wide as we need to get her through a door. So this girl won't be LST'd...we'll just see how she does naturally.

Bugs and Things
    Greenhouses are notorious for bugs and creatures so I've the usual remidies for spidermites and black gnats and so on. A good spraying of Neem Oil will be used weekly. It works very well as I've used it on a number of previous occasions.

I think that's about it for the moment - peace

Thanks

Smile Seed manufacturere's notes.....

Here are Dinafem's...the seed manaufacturer's notes....

The best known strain in our catalogue, it is also one of the strongest and very typical sativa. Moby Dick has a mild scent when growing but don’t be fooled, it has a powerful stone. The combined genetics of Haze and White Widow make the Moby Dick plant quite strong. Moby Dick has a THC concentration of up to 21%. The effects of Moby Dick are incredibly powerful.

It is the result of crossing the 2 best clones of our Mother Plants, a sativa with an indica. Moby Dick is our most psychoactive strain with a concentration of up to 21% THC and the presence of THCV, a substance present in equatorial sativas produced in response to the sun’s ultraviolet rays; this substance makes the effect of the THC stronger, to the point that the effect can be felt after just 2 or 3 puffs. The low CBO concentration helps to make the effect psychoactively intense and lasting; it speeds you up both physically and mentally and the come down is long, slightly physical and noticeable.

It produces great hunger and thirst, and it is advisable to eat and drink well, to counteract its effects. Due to this increase in appetite, it is recommended to treat the secondary effects of chemotherapy and anorexia. There are 2 main phenotypes for this cross, a dominant sativa which is present in 65% of the plants approximately, and the rest, that are usually smaller and faster.

The sativa phenotype has a wood, pine, incense aroma, and the indica type is sweeter.

To develop this strain to its full potential, it needs a lot of light, up to 800 watts per square metre and a very high E.C between 1.5 and 2.00 as this strain needs more feeding than most of the strains.

It is highly recommended to control the pH as well, making sure it does not exceed 6.5 otherwise it could demonstrate symptoms of iron deficiency in the form of progressive yellowing of the inter-venal spaces on the leaves and wrinkling on the tips of the leaflets. This defiCiency does not really affect the plant’s health but it could restrict the harvest if it is really serious.

Outdoors, full sun, plentiful soil and water and widely spacing the trees 3 m apart will ensure trees which grow to 3 m tall and a harvest of up to 1500 grams in optimal conditions. The flowering period is quite fast indoors (60/70 days), 15th October outdoors with good mould resistance inherited from the sativa parent plant.

Flowering period: 60-70 days
    Harvest outdoors: From 10th to 25th October
    T.H.C: Very High (16%·20%)
    C.B.D: Low
    Production: Very High
    Height outdoors: Can reach 3.5 m
    Blend: Sativa-Indica with Sativa dominance
    Genotype: Haze X White Widow

Peace

Bobby Digital Guest

Good luck with this moonlight hope she does well for you in the greenhouse.

Peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

MoonLight (01-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Yeah good luck mate, I'll bear in mind to pop in here over the summer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

MoonLight (01-06-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Digital View Post
    Good luck with this moonlight hope she does well for you in the greenhouse.
    Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbox View Post
    Yeah good luck mate, I'll bear in mind to pop in here over the summer
    Many thanks for looking in guys. Hoping this variety turns out as good as the specs say

Bobby Digital Guest

Well this one was grown in Spain but im sure you could get it bigger lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

MoonLight (01-06-10), vdubber (04-08-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Digital View Post

Well this one was grown in Spain but im sure you could get it bigger lol
    OMG...BD that is quite some plant. Now I'm really scared...that thing is biggerer than my entire greenhouse lol. This is going to be fun. Time for Plan B methinks

Bobby Digital Guest

Yeah its massive innit! Im not sure how long that one was vegged for but must have been a looooong time... if yours had only started now that will leave 2n a half month veg left??? whats plan b by the way?

Thanks

Hi BD, the idea was to veg for about another 6 weeks (roughly mid July) and take it from there as to vegging longer or going onto 12/12. Now looking at your piccy, it's the width of the Beast that is scary. lol. I'll be putting my babe on a nice trolley to wheel about and will need to get her through a normal sized door into the Dark Place each night during flowering. The only thing I can think of at the moment will be to introduce Baby Moby to a nice bit of bondage and tie the side branches closer to the main stem at that time. I guess we will have to see how she develops over the next few weeks. Peace.

Bobby Digital Guest

Aha i see, so you need her to grow up instead of out... nothing a bit of pruning and strapping wont sort out. So eventually around middle/end of august you should just be able to leave her where she is and will do her thing naturally. good plan Moonlight just wish i could do the same unfortunately i dont have the space to keep em dark at night plus its a bit of hassle incase you not there or need to go away when she should be put indoors, but if u at home most of the time i shudnt be a problem

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

MoonLight (02-06-10)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast