Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10 days from harvest need help!!!

Thanks

Default 10 days from harvest need help!!!

im in week 10 after the switch to 12/12 light cycle, ive noticed some of the lower leaves are beginning to yellow and tips are curling up, ive been looking at a few sticky's and i think it may be magnesium def. i have some Epsom salts and wanted to know if it was worth using them so close to the end as i dont want to taint the smoke?

here are some pictures to help,

im growing in soil (Westland MP with JI + Perlite), using Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom, Alg and have been using molasses. My girl is under a 600 watt Hps. Humidity has been a problem, as in there was none when lights on, but i have that sorted with thanks to a new humidifier, its sitting around 30 - 40 lights on, 40 - 50 lights off. temps are 28-31c lights on and 23 - 26 lights off. if i have not mentioned something that may help diagnose then please let me know and i shall remedy it asap.

thanks to one and all at thctalk

peace out for now,

weedfarmer
    Hempy bucket, multi strain Diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Y-BUCKETS-AHOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Flowering Bag seed & Big Bud #1(Herbies freebie)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-2-x-Big-Bud-1

Weedfarmer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

it may well be the mg def as you said, i had a similar problem when using biobizz in later flowering on my last grow

as you have 10 days, i would give it a feed of just water and epsom salts and then flush, it wont look much better as leaves deterioate when late flowering anway but it doesnt look quite like that

i wouldnt worry mate, a problem so shouldnt have any ill effects on ya crop

Naxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Naxx For This Useful Post:

weedfarmer (05-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Naxx View Post
    it may well be the mg def as you said, i had a similar problem when using biobizz in later flowering on my last grow

as you have 10 days, i would give it a feed of just water and epsom salts and then flush, it wont look much better as leaves deterioate when late flowering anway but it doesnt look quite like that

i wouldnt worry mate, a problem so shouldnt have any ill effects on ya crop

Naxx
    I agree with Naxx, feed them some epsom salts then begin your flush.
    The yellowing leaves are typical of many skunk strains and unless it starts in veg or early flowering you shouldn't be concerned and it won't affect your final smoke.
    You should remove the leaves at the bottom that are entirely yellow, they are dead but you may see some inprovement in the others. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

weedfarmer (05-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

Naxx (05-06-10), weedfarmer (05-06-10)

Thanks

hey guys thanks for replying.

im not sure how much Epsom salts to use, im in a 15 litre pot, i usually give 1.5 litres with little run off, will 1 tea spoon Epsom mixed to 2 litres lukewarm water be ok? ive never used them before as im on my first grow and dont want to stress any more than needed. also im planning on flushing with molasses, will this cause any problems mixed with the Epsom?

im not watering again until tomorrow at the earliest, possibly monday.

peace out

weedfarmer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

There is no right or wrong amount of epsom salts to feed them but 1 teaspoon per gallon is common and there's no chance of doing harm at that low concentration so I suggest you try that.
    Remember 1gallon = 4 litres so you'll want to use less than half a teaspoon of salts for your 1.5 litres.
    To be honest with the plant so close to harvest any improvement will be aesthetic, your plant may look healthier but I really don't think it will improve either the quality or quantity of yield but you never know and epsom salts are cheap so it may be worth a try. Best of luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

weedfarmer (06-06-10)

Thanks

cheers for all replies. im going to mix up some epsom solution tomorrow and give it to my girl just before lights out. i'll post some results when i notice anything happening.

fingers crossed, lol

peace out

weedfarmer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

That nute burn plain n simple, just flush till its ready, and those bottom buds dont look ready for a bit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

weedfarmer (07-06-10)

Thanks

cheers Dekay, im going to flush with molasses, will that be ok? also i thought id have to take off the larger top buds and put her back in foor a week or so to finish the lower buds. Im going to flush with molasses, is it ok to continue using only water and molasses for 3 weeks?

peace out

weedfarmer

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

[QUOTE=weedfarmer;1068459839]cheers Dekay, im going to flush with molasses, will that be ok? also i thought id have to take off the larger top buds and put her back in foor a week or so to finish the lower buds. Im going to flush with molasses, is it ok to continue using only water and molasses for 3 weeks?

peace out

molasses contains nutes mate so you don't want to really use that as your plant is suffereing from too much nutes in the first place so like someone has said use epsom salts then only flush with plain water mate until your plants are done.

Looking for New Pastures

16. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

weedfarmer (07-06-10)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast