Thread: Question about a specific LED lamp vs. HPS lamp

Thanks

Default Question about a specific LED lamp vs. HPS lamp

How would this 1.500 Euro 600W LED spectrabox PRO hold up against this 300 Euro 1000w HPS for flowering.

LED spectrabox PRO 600W
    http://www.mazar.cz/en/produkt/33-le...600w/?katID=42

1000 Watt HPS Grow Light Electronic Ballast Cool Tube Kit
    http://www.thelashop.com/product.php?productid=1026

I am thinking specifically about
    1. Power usage - How much yield per watt
    2. Space required / covered - If space is an issue, which is best?

Any other helpful comments on LED growing would be much appreciated. Especially from someone with experience

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

LED's are cheaper to run and cooler, a lot cooler so less extraction is neded.
    The higher powered LED boards such as that one have been getting excellent results as far as I was aware. Apparently better than the identical wattage hps'.

But, that aside its a new field and so who knows which companies make better lights etc... which ones are dodgy?...
    Also, they are very expensive as you have said. You could buy 5 of those hps kits for the price of just one of the LED lights.

Up to your needs, wants and price packet at the end of the day. Me personally I prefer bang for buck and so I'd go with the HPS whilst LED is still expensive.
    If LED proves itself more and becomes properly established i.e. on sale in regular grow shops etc and the prices have dropped dramatically then I'm not interested, just means I'll need a more powerful fan than an LED grower and possibly a slightly larger electric bill