Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reason 5

Thanks

Default Reason 5

Any Reason fans here ? Number 5 out soon the beta is around, anyone had a fiddle yet ?

http://www.magesy.us/special-plugins...tml#more-10270

Im downloading it now will prob have a play tomoz im liking the look if the octarex and the kong shame theres not a new synth tho

Thanks

come on guys theres gotta be some reason users here

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,408 Times

Was fruity to start, moved to reason for a year, no vst support (still), tried cubase, too hard and annoying for me, finally moved to ableton live, on version 8 now, absolutely love it!

It has a great help section and learning curve, as good a sound bank as reason, as easy to use as fruity, and as technical as cubase. (never had a mac so logic is out)

Plus vst support as well as easy routing, time stretching etc, can't help going on about it in any music related chat lol

Sorry, reason 5, looks ok yeah, but no vst support?? They need to look into that asap IMO

Ever tried ableton?

Oh yeah, what are you making anyway?

Thanks

Hey Legoman, yh ive used albelton but only loops and mixes never really looked into the vst side of things.
    Like you i find cubase to complicated, i love reason tho easy to use it dosent really bother me about no vst support i was more dissapointed about not having an audio track to play with but record sorted that.

I cant seem to get into other vst's i love the Subtractor always use that im just stuck in my ways i think
    I make grime and dubstep

Thanks

Nice, I make dubstep as well, used to try and make grime but didn't have any 'proper' music knowledge then, just liked messing about.

I have been mixing for 10 yrs or so as well, got a lot of vinyl Grime/old school garage/dubstep.

We should a little tune swap sometime if your up for it?

Thanks

hey leg ive been mixing for 10 years now aswell not really got much vinyl left im using that serato (well cheap copy lol works fine tho)
    I sold most of my records to set up my first grow, still held on to my jungle collection

do you use msn or anything like that bro of you chuck me yr addy in pm

Thanks

Big fan of reason. Any cool new features on 5? using 4 the now, still trying to master the art of THOR
    Mi say mi bun it an pass it on da right

Thanks

hey kel, ive not really had a proper look yet but the biggest change i woukd say is the kong drum maker/machine
    theres also a new rex player
    the link for the beta demo is in my first post check it out dude

Thanks

Yup, will do when I'm back on my comp, using a friend's laptop at the mo. Speak soon buddy

Thanks

Yeah Im a Reason fan, Ive been using Reason 5 the last while, Ive been testing it out so far so good. Theres not many new instruments added, the new Kong drum machine is pretty cool, it a complicated bit of kit and will take a bit of getting used too, the Kong drums are loaded with a lots of new features, a scaled down NNXT, Drum synths and effects for each drum. All the usual characters are still there though. They have improved the workflow, sequencer etc, still no way to run audio through it, no VST support etc, its a good step forward but still has a long way to go before they catch up with the rest namely Ableton. Still if your a Reason fan youll love it like me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast