bet we owned lots of the same bootleg tape mixes

blurry-vision Guest

Another classic, gotta love this one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

bergkamp (24-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

oh yeah

I know it's 93 (kinda pushing early 90's boundary) but this is probably my favourite ever track I played as a DJ - the birds loved it
    Awesome breakdowns too - great when off ur face.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (27-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN DRAGON View Post
    Some great tunes bringin' back some mashed memories. I started off goin to the Hacienda (Fridays was house/hip hop night) in the late 80's. Then after a few illegal parties it was Quadrant Park then on to the all nighter across the road. Got in to the Hardcore/techno scene in about 89-90 then used to go Entrophy/Kinetic and used to do the all nighters at the Eclipse. F*$kin' great times when E was E disco Biccys n Doves mmmmm!
    if you used to got to the eclipse you might remember one of the residents - mickey wilson , he used to come round my mates flat a to dj on his pirate station while we sat there and got hammered , wish i knew whatever the fuck i did with the tapes of those nights .

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post

Another classic, gotta love this one.
    your right i do love that one - one of the best , that vocal still sends shivers down my spine .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

have a look here for more info on the eclipse - photos , flyers and links to mixsets

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17915575582

Thanks

Some nice old house fella An old mate of mine was a ressy DJ at Quad Park, two actually Gaz Jones and Matty Roberts. I think it was Gaz who did the original mix for K-klass..

Thanks

I'm right pooH with PC's but this is nice uplifting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMukHJVzlGg

Thanks

Sorry you've gotta click but this is Pretty cool nice mixin'...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2En4s99ds
    Last edited by GREEN DRAGON; 24-06-10 at 08:38 AM. Reason: stoned again :)

blurry-vision Guest

Love this next one, the piano rift is awesome..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

I can't believe I've only just stumbled upon this thread. Doh!

For the Old Girl, please, Gawd rest her:

We danced to this completely sorted at the Sunrise Midsummer Night's Dream rave at White Waltham Airbase in 1989.

http://www.fantazia.org.uk/Scene/orgs/sunrise.htm

‘Beheaded pigeons littered the floor after Sundays party. Youngsters were so high on Ecstacy and cannabis they ripped the birds’ heads off. Their bodies lay among thousands of empty soft-drink cans and pieces of foil which had contained the drugs. Also littering the huge building were leaflets advertising other acid house parties at future dates and venues’ The Sun

Yeah, I was there. It was wonderful. Didn't see any pigeons. They had house dealers though, wearing co-ordinated tracksuits & each had their pitch. So in a space with 3000 other people you were never more than 30yds from ourtstanding Es. There was incredible security to get in & we were dead worried what with everything we'd brought. Turned out the security was for us in case the police turned up. We weren't even searched. Saw Judge Jules there, among others & he played this next one. Not my favourite tune but it does remind me of an incredible night. It does go on a bit which is why I've only done the shorter version.

Anyway for anyone else who was there I was the only one (with Missus) to turn up on a bike. A Kawasaki Z550 if anyone might have that in a photo? I can dream...

Another one from our regular haunt - Dungeons on Lea Bridge Road in Leyton (Greyhound pub). Took my first burger there (along with a fucking blotter for the first time in about 7 years). What a night THAT was!

This was a regular theme tune for us locals:

& this too! Many a party I danced to this!

& I'm surprise that this one hasn't been mentioned? It happened to be the theme of Dungeons (It was Club Voodoo night on Fridays). This tune comes to me in my dreams. Really odd. So many memories.

Happy days indeed. Despite Thatcher. I suppose we were used to her by then...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

bergkamp (29-06-10)

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast