Thread: seeds & jiffy pellets

Thanks

Default seeds & jiffy pellets

hi guys was wondering if you can clear a few things up for me , ive soaked 4 seeds over night and they have started to crack so i popped down to my local grow shop and purchased a small propagation tray and 4 jiffy pellets is one pellet enough for 1 seed? cause when ive seen pictures in the forum they look like a few stacked together or is have they just expanded with water ? anyhow can i stick my seeds in the pellets now or do i continue with the paper towel method untill i have a small shoot then plant into pellet? ive only used cuttings before first time from seed
    Even genius has to pay its dues.its's goodbye to the shortcuts,hello to the grind.nobody ever said it would be a easy ride.so push more,risk more,feel more,how much is just a question of courage,a matter of heart.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

if you soak the jiffy pellet in water it will expand,squeeze out any excess water when the pellet has fully expanded and poke a hole in the top and drop the seed in and cover.it is up to you if you want to go to the paper towel first both ways is good.
    plant the seed so the exposed root is pointing downwards.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

feedtheheed (17-06-10)

Thanks

thx wert so if i expand them first in saucer of water and place in the little propagater do i need to add more water to bottom of tray ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

submerge them in a small bowl of not too cold water,keep them moist,i use a sprayer, but do not overwater.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

feedtheheed (17-06-10)

Thanks

coolio am on it

Thanks

If you're using jiffy pellets, you never have to pre soak your seeds. Not once have I lost a seedling and I've never soaked a seed before hand..

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..