Thread: Leaves dying and falling off bottom of plant.

Thanks

Default Leaves dying and falling off bottom of plant.

Hi there, I have a little cupboard that i have turned in to a grow room, I have 5 plants in there so it is a bit tight. The room is approx 60cm squared. They started off growing really nice and have grown really tall but now the bottom leaves are drying and falling off. Now i think this is due to lack of light at the bottom of the plants but have spoke to other people that have had plants a little over crowded but this has never happened. Does anyone have any feed back as to why this may be happening.
    Thanks

Remember, happiness doesn't depend
    upon who you are or what you have,
    it depends solely upon what you think.
    (Dale Carnegie)

Icon Guest

Needs lots more info and pics if possible...
    Have a look in the infirmary to see if you can see a similar problem or pics for us to look at to compare etc
    what is the grow medium, feed, light, ventilation, strain, what do the leaves look like?

Thanks

As well as what Icon said, what about watering? I had this happen to one of my plants and they were getting plenty of light at the bottom. I'm pretty sure I overwatered it. I've been really careful about watering since and it didn't get any worse and is doing fine now. Just an idea.

Thanks

if the plants am in flower then its perfectly normal mate and nothing to worry about however if they are still in veg you might want to get some pis up in the infirmary!
    Originally Posted by wert
    i would slap wayne rooney,but not in a nasty way,just a slap across the face to wake him up and help get his priorities right.
    i would also like to slap kylie minogue but this time in a nasty dirty way on her petite little arse.

god made weed, man made beer.....

who do you trust?

Formally kenus_420

5th grow 1st diary: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-flower-mode-)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

60cm square with 5 plants in? What size pots are they?
    Does sound it will be quite cramped in there.
    I couldn't even fit 5 plants in my space and its 100cmx80cm. 4 max.

For you to have that many in that space I'm guessing they are small pots, could possibly be related?

Gary420 Guest

Whats your set up, 5 plants in such a small space could be lack of fresh air. if they are still in veg and its tight when they flower you have no chance they will almost double.

Thanks

As has been mentioned, 5 plants in a 60 cm2 space is way too many. I grow in a similar space and at best have had 4 Gummy Guns (Autos) each in 6.5l square pots and it was tight. I've now reduced the number to no more than 3 (up to about 3/4 weeks) and then 2 after that. I'm planning on just 1 oxypot in that space for my next grow.

You also don't mention what lighting you are using, but in such a small space I would guess it's a CFL. CFL's don't have the same penetration as halides or hps and the lower leaves and branches will suffer from not getting enough light. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do apart from adding a few household CFL's around the bottom of your grow to give some additional lighting - but this will add to heat and costs. I personally live with it - all my grows have suffered from lower leaf loss and I have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks

i would drop a few clip on lights at the bottom of the plants a friend of mine had that problem n when he put the extra drop lights the buds increased alot at the bottom of the plants...
    Quote Originally Posted by aalia_12 View Post
    Hi there, I have a little cupboard that i have turned in to a grow room, I have 5 plants in there so it is a bit tight. The room is approx 60cm squared. They started off growing really nice and have grown really tall but now the bottom leaves are drying and falling off. Now i think this is due to lack of light at the bottom of the plants but have spoke to other people that have had plants a little over crowded but this has never happened. Does anyone have any feed back as to why this may be happening.
    Thanks

Thanks

Might be root bound. I think its normal if bottom leaves fall off. don't worrie about it