Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sativex approved in Britain

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

F'in government.
    Money will always win

Thanks

I definitely agree with the general consensus here. The government criminalising all Cannabis use is very messed up. It's immoral, unethical and just plain wrong. I certainly don't agree with what they have done and I think they are commiting a crime against humanity. To turn Cannabis, what should be a cheap medicine, into a pharmaceutical drug so that they can gain huge profit whilst feeding us dangerous chemicals that can cause side effects far worse than those of Cannabis itself is fucked up.
    But I too sit on the fence. Whilst on that hand what they do is wrong, on the other hand atleast this medicine is available to those who need it most. Even if they should have free access to Cannabis without question, if the Government won't give us that then until they do atleast this alternative is available.

Thanks

So Tildens extract is making a comeback eh, what about the other 50+ cannabinoids Sativex leaves out? (no pun intended).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by user_unknown View Post
    So Tildens extract is making a comeback eh, what about the other 50+ cannabinoids Sativex leaves out? (no pun intended).
    I do agree with this. It is thought that the Cannabinoids interact with each other to produce a more powerful medicinal effect than would be seen on their own, along with the effects they also have on their own. No pill, or spray or any other pharma product could out-perform Cannabis itself, but atleast now there is an alternative for those who want to stay on the right side of the law, wrong as it may be, some people don't want to take the risk.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Result - I'm due back at the Dr's for a new perscription of pain killers in about two-three weeks - I'll specifcally ask for it and see how far I get....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bimble View Post
    Result - I'm due back at the Dr's for a new perscription of pain killers in about two-three weeks - I'll specifcally ask for it and see how far I get....
    its still in trials as far as i know,you got no chance.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgEDy5ekvY
    TIMELESS.COZ AGE DONT COUNT IN THE BOOTH, WHEN YOUR FLOW STAYS SUBMERGED IN THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.

WHILE WORLD IS REVOLVING ON ITS AXIS, I COME WITH MAD LOVE AND THE ILLEST WAR TACTICS.

Thanks

It's been approved for use in Great Britain, but you may not be able to get hold of it on the NHS yet. NICE, some sort of organisation that decide whether a drug is worth it's cost, must approve it for use on the NHS. If they believe it's too expensive then you'll find yourself paying more than prescription charges...
    I totally disagree with what NICE do though. Who has the right to say whether a drug is worth it's cost? If it gives a cancer sufferer 1 more month of life, would that not make the drug priceless to the sufferer? This problem can be traced all the way back to the pharma companies themselves though. If they concentrated less on profit, and more on improving/saving lives as their supposed to be, then medicines would be much cheaper than they are now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kayabis For This Useful Post:

a13x (19-06-10), New Age Outlaw (19-06-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Too right Kayabis! Couldn't agree more.

I've just got Michael Moore's: Sicko on dvd, the film looks at all this. Hoping I'll learn some bits from it.
    Last edited by New Age Outlaw; 19-06-10 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks

buy gw pharma and bayer companies shares now then watch them rise

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by New Age Outlaw View Post
    Too right Kayabis! Couldn't agree more.

I've just got Michael Moore's: Sicko on dvd, the film looks at all this. Hoping I'll learn some bits from it.
    I've not heard of that if i'm honest, though I just did a little bit of background reading on the dvd and it does sound interesting... Unfortunately no matter how much we know about pharma-selfishness, there is little we can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    buy gw pharma and bayer companies shares now then watch them rise
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e...44687GBGBXAMSM

It seems with the announcement of Sativex being approved for use in Britain has caused a pretty big spike. Shares have just reached an all-time high looking at the graph on the link.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast