Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for cleaning a hash pipe

Gary420 Guest

you can get iso alcohol from maplins mate 1.7l bottle for £11.99. Order ir or get it in the shop its for cleaning glue and oil off computer components, belive it or not mate i got asked for I.D i went in with my kid and a beard and i look at least 24.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

aint you got any bleach in da owse?
    cock

Thanks

yeah had some bleach but last night my throat was clogged up like my pipe and i just figured my larynx was more important :P

Thanks

sod the larynx!! whats it ever done for you?
    cock

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Lol.. Don't use bleach.. Smoking bud itself does enough damage to your lungs. It doesn't need a hand from a chemical

Thanks

ill have you know i only smoke the best nutes available Egg! hehe
    anyways whats the problem with bleach? give it a bloody good rinse and it should be fine man.
    cock

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Lol only just read this properly and realised you plan to get your pa to smoke it - EWWWWWWWW that is fuckin' rough mate.. Though Iso would still work I guess..

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

well let me offer some help.

you said it was a pipe and i am guessing that it is not a glass pipe (much better).

here is a simple home made easy to do solution.

fill up a glass of lemon juice and some salt. submerge it in that for about 5 mins then rinse out with water..should take out most of the resin. works for me =)

and here are more information on how to clean out take care of your pipes. like i mentioned earlier i prefer glass pipes and bubblers. better looking, cooler smoking experience and relatively easier to get the tar and resin out.

Concerning 'Rotation':
    A smokers rotation is the number of pipes they own, and the order they are smoked in. This is an important concept to the care and cleaning of your pipes. First and foremost, because pipes need a rest in between smokes if they are to continue to function optimally.

Before Smoking:
    The care and cleaning of your pipe begins with your very first smoke, and should continue forward from there. Before each smoke, run a pipe cleaner, either bristle or regular, through the stem to dislodge any leftover ash and dottle, and gently tap your pipe on a cork knocker or the palm of your hand to remove these obstructions from the bowl.

While Smoking:
    During a smoke is an excellent time to begin the process of caring for your pipe. You can begin by paying careful attention when lighting your pipe. Keep your flame source over the tobacco, so that it does not char the rim of your pipe. If the rim of your pipes begin to develop a bit of a dark tint to them, it can usually be removed by moistening a pipe cleaner with saliva and gently rubbing the rim of the pipe with it. Done regularly, this will eliminate the cause of the charred, blackened rims so common on un-cared-for pipes. During smoking is also when you will notice if a more thorough cleaning is in order. If a pipe begins to taste sour, salty, or just plain bad while smoking it, it is probably time for a good cleaning. See Periodic Cleaning below.

After Smoking:
    First, a warning: Do not remove the stem of a pipe while it is still warm. This will cause the stem to loosen, and can cause you to crack the shank or break the tenon of your pipe. At the end of each smoke, your pipe should be given a good cleaning. Allow the pipe to cool, and then stir up any ash and dottle left in the bottom of the bowl. Placing one finger or the palm of your hand over the top of the bowl, shake the pipe for a few seconds to evenly distribute the ash along the inside walls of the bowl, which will greatly speed the formation of 'cake', a protective layer of carbonized tobacco and ash inside your pipe. Cake acts as an insulator, greatly extending the life of your pipe and guarding against burn outs. See the Periodic Cleaning section below for instructions on maintaining the cake, Dump out the remaining ash and dottle, and run a bristle pipe cleaner through the stem until it is just barely visible in the bottom of the bowl. Remove it, and either turn it around or use another pipe cleaner, repeating this process until the pipe cleaners come out clean. Moisten a pipe cleaner with saliva and rub the mouthpiece with it to remove any buildup there. Blow gently through the stem of the pipe to dislodge any leftover ash and wipe your pipe down with a soft cloth, perhaps impregnated with a compound such as Briar Pipe Wipe. If you wish, you may insert a regular pipe cleaner into the stem of the pipe before placing it back on the rack, in order to absorb any residual moisture, but if you are diligent in using your pipe cleaners, this is not necessary. Place the pipe back on it's rack or stand and allow it to rest, hopefully for two to four days before it is smoked again.

Periodically:
    You will want to, on occasion, give your pipes a more thorough cleaning than just swabbing out the stem after smoking. Most smokers do this fairly regularly, some going so far as to do so after all of their pipes have been smoked once, thus providing themselves with a fresh, clean rotation of pipes. You will have to experiment a bit with how often you do this clenaing to find what works best for you. To start this cleaning, carefully remove the stem of the pipe from the bowl and lay the two pieces on a paper towel. Dip a regular pipe cleaner in alcohol and run it through the stem, from the tenon to the mouthpiece, pulling it through. It will most likely come out with a bit of black or brown gunk on it. Follow this pipe cleaner with a dry one, and repeat until the moist pipe cleaner comes out the same color it was when it went in. Push one final dry pipe cleaner through to remove any moisture and set the stem aside. Using bristle pipe cleaners, moistened with alcohol, vigorously swab out the airhole of the pipe, alternating with dry, regular pipe cleaners. Don't be afraid to use a lot of pipe cleaners doing this. Pipe cleaners are cheap, new pipes aren't

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokepro For This Useful Post:

feeneyboy (21-06-10), Goodbuddy (22-06-10)

Thanks

lol i know not to use bleach. true enough weed iis damaging it enough. well im not smoking it so my dad will happily accept it

yeah spot on smokespro its a wee cheap metal thing, not that great but it does the job and gets you smashed. and thanks for the big guide, didnt read it because im smashed thanks to a homemade bong(plastic bottle, bit o tube and lots of masking tape) but i copied it and pasted it into a word document and saved it for reading when im straight. so cheers

Thanks

I generally use boiling water, and pour in vinegar, salt, pepper, all sorts of shit that probably doesn't aid the process but I put in there anyway. Get a slim bit of metal or whatever to poke through whatever's left in after you take it out the water. Cigarette papers might work but then you'll probably get bits stuck to the inside of the pipe if it's still damp.

I suppose bong cleaning tablets would work, too. Just put it in the bowl with the water and add the tablet, should do the same job as it would with a bong, though tbh I've never used BCT's before myself

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast