Thread: When do calyx start to swell? Cant find anything on this anywhere?

Thanks

Default When do calyx start to swell? Cant find anything on this anywhere?

Hi All

Im on day 45 of a supposed 56 day grow (surely not, but its what the breeder says) and the calyx have not swollen on the buds. those by the main stem are nice and fat, but these are the single pre-flower ones that have been there since bud start.

Ive looked around and i cant find anything about this. Does this mean they will not swell, or has it just not started yet? If they dont i fear my yeild will be small.

Any advice welcome, take it easy all.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

they do not look 12 days from harvest.
    when did you first see pistil growth after going 12/12 ? you should start the countdown when it starts to flower,the flowering time given by the breeder is only a guide,there will be variations.
    they look healthy just give them a bit more time.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

hi mate

i dont think they are that close either, but when do they usually start to swell? im just after a rough guide from peoples experience, for example is it 3 weeks from finish?

Sorry i didnt mention it but they are auto's Wert, so the 8 weeks from seed to harvest can be done, though i am told it would take longer as i use CFL. I just wandering when they will start to swell, and if some strains do this more or less than others.

There is no info on this that i can find.

thanks mate.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

there is no set time some will be heavy and some airy,if they do bulk up it is in the 2nd half of the flowering period .tell us what strain they are and someone that has grown it may be able to give you a better guide.

Thanks

The two front ones in question are diesel ryders from the joint doctor.

so some may not get fat at all? that sucks, i dont think ive ever smoked bud with tiny calyx before, airy bud with sparse calyx, but never tiny ones like on my plants now.

I hope they do swell up. Any one out there grown these before?

thanks mate.