Thread: Drink and drugs summer car safety drive(In Scotland)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,049 Times

Default Drink and drugs summer car safety drive(In Scotland)

Police have launched a summer crackdown targeting drivers who drink or take drugs and get behind the wheel.

The two-week operation will see increased patrols throughout Scotland's eight force areas and aims to highlight the risks and consequences of driving under the influence.

If caught, drivers lose their licence and get an automatic 12-month ban.

They also end up with a criminal record for a minimum of 20 years and risk being fined up to £5,000.

Causing death by dangerous driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs will result in a minimum two year driving ban and up to 14 years in prison with an unlimited fine.

An estimated one-in-nine deaths on Scottish roads involve drivers who are over the legal limit.
    Continue reading the main story

It is thought that 25% of Scots do not know how much alcohol will put them over the limit.

The current prescribed blood alcohol limit in the UK is 80 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.

The safety campaign is timed to coincide with several major summer events, including the final stages of the World Cup, T in the Park at Balado, the Scottish Open Golf Championship at Loch Lomond and the Open Golf Championship at St Andrews.

Deputy head of road policing in Fife Insp Brenda Sinclair said: "We will be fully supporting the Summer Safety Campaign in Fife and will be using an intelligence-led strategy to deploy our staff across the county where they can both deter and detect drink and drug drivers."

Head of road policing for the Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland (Acpos) Chief Constable Kevin Smith said: "Last year, 8,504 people in Scotland were caught driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

"It is staggering that so many people are willing to risk their lives and the lives of others.

"From the 5th of July, we will be increasing our road patrols as we begin our annual summer campaign targeting those who continue to drive under the influence of drink or drugs.

"I hope that this year we will see a vast reduction in the number of people being caught for this dangerous crime.

"My message is clear; driving under the influence of drink or drugs is irresponsible and risks lives.

"If we catch you we'll take away your licence. If we catch you again we can take away your car."

Thanks

cant fault it to be fair even if you have a toke and drive imho thats taboo you simply shouldnt take those chances
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BURNZ For This Useful Post:

Opiate (07-07-10)

Thanks

Canada has no laws about driving under cannabis?
    First grow
    250W CFL stealth hempy. Jock Horror.
    Second grow 375W CFL stealth hempy. Early Girl.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

I've been caught plenty of times. The problem the cops have is proving in court that you were impaired. Blood tests will show THC in your blood, but if you smoke regularly THC can be present for a while. It was on the news about a year ago, where the police were doing spot checks, some guy admitted he just finished smoking a joint and they just let him go. The news crew interviewed him right there on the spot and he said " ya I just smoked and ". They went on to say that it's hard to prove in court , blah, blah,blah.

Medical Marijuana also makes it very hard for them to prosecute. Recently in Canada you can get cannabis prescribed for things from ADHD, OSD, anxiety, depression even migraines. I got my papers signed last week by a doctor I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my card in. It's like doctors feeding people heavy pain killers or benzos, those people can still drive and I think they pose more of a risk on the road, I was prescribed Valiums, I should know. If your a rookie smoker I would not recommend it, and I only take a few tokes I don't get totaled.

It's very normal to see people smoking joints and driving here, I get people pulling up beside me asking to pass the joint.

I'm not saying that there won't be that one prick cop that won't try to book you for it, but your more likely to lose your weed, or get a $110 dollar ticket for possession of cannabis (if you don't have a MMJ card).

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I smoke and drive and aint ashamed to say so.
    I firmly believe going off of my own and others experiences it does not impair my driving. If I am severly blazed like just hit 5 bongs then of course I would not go out if my head was buzzing, but rarely do I get so stoned I can't stand up no matter how much I smoke.

I have drove after 1 pint before "risking it" when I was a lot younger (nrly 10 yr ago) and that was the scariest drive I have ever done as I was tipsy and I knew it. And still remember it to this day. Completely different to being stoned and my driving was impaired. I noticed I wasn't as switched on as usual and have never drunk and drove since.

But yeah, they can't prove it. No way no how, you've got thc in your system sir. Yep thats right, cause I regularly smoke weed, but I haven't had a joint today officer. Can you prove otherwise? But your eyes are glazed. I have kids and they kept me up all night. Good day to you officer!
    That being said, if they couldn't prove drink driving I would still definately not do it or advocate it.

I think the majority of people here whether they admit to it or not have a similar stance. Come to think of it, I can not think of anybody I know who drives and smokes weed that doesn't drove after smoking. And all of them also think drink driving is ridiculous and kills.

Thanks

i to smoke and drive if im straight headed i tend to put my foot down alot worse of a driver than if i have had a few joints,after a few joints i set my cruise control to 30mph always checking my mirrors and always thinking of evey hazzard im such a carful driver after a few joints my mpg is alot different aswell i knew a lad who crashed cause he had no bud lol

Thanks

if you smoke & drive so be it as i posted a few weeks ago Hartford Hospital Finds it doesn't effect your driving skills only your attention span...yeah we knew that already. all in all, just don't get pulled over & evidently if you live in scotland you really have to watch out. seems in my state you really only have to watch out on holidays which cops use as an excuse to set up DUI & seatbelt check points. but you can never be to careful
    Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"
    Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

-K. Vonnegut

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

i drive after i had a j all the time, im quite safe, i drive much slower when im stoned, i drive fast and furious when im straight lmao, i think i missed my calling as a rally driver