Thread: Legalise drugs, urges actress Asher

Thanks

Default Legalise drugs, urges actress Asher

Actress Jane Asher has called for drugs to be legalised after filming a sitcom in a deprived area.
    Asher has filmed two series of BBC One sitcom The Old Guys in Glasgow and made the comments after she returned to London.
    Speaking about her visits to the Govan area of the city, she told the Daily Mail: "I could see there were some pockets of deprivation in some areas of Glasgow, which is upsetting, but, like London or any big city, it has its social problems, not just specifically Govan.
    "But one of the areas we drove through to go filming on location one day was notorious for drugs."
    She added: "Don't get me started on the whole drugs thing. They should legalise the lot of them as far as I'm concerned. That's the only hope.
    "But it's far too complex an argument.
    "There are so many legal highs out there just now, which are incredibly dangerous because they haven't been tested and yet they are readily available to buy over the internet.
    "It's a mad situation - we're chasing after something we can never catch up with. Anyone who pretends that the policies on drugs have worked is talking nonsense."
    Asher plays Sally in The Old Guys, which features two elderly delinquents, Tom and Roy. Sally is a neighbour who is lusted after by both men.
    Clive Swift plays Roy and Roger Lloyd Pack plays Tom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to relto For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (08-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Niiiiice! The more people like her that raise awareness, the better. Good on her, I knew I liked her!

Is it me, call me in the clouds again, but is anyone feeling the vibes of change? I think we're being groomed for a new direction, there seems a direction change in the wind.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Mixed reviews on her over the last few days, the usual crap from the tabloids, but the daily mail version and comments are interesting, more good points than bad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ane-Asher.html