Thread: Vegging with CFL..?

Thanks

Default Vegging with CFL..?

was just trying to work out the best way in which to use the lighting equipment i have for a good vegging setup... hope someone can help..

I currently have :
    2 x 125w CFL 6400k in sunmate reflectors

1 x 250w CFL 6400K Bulb (no reflector) with socket and lead

the vegging room isnt massive but not small either.. i have 5 clones at the moment just about to root.. they were taken from the motherplant about a week ago..

i will take a pic of the room as it is at the moment bear in mind i only have one of the 125w lamps setup at the moment.. im waiting for the others to arrive..

I am intending on flowering 4 plants at a time so i would like to have 4 plants in full vegetative stage whilst some smaller clones are growing along with the motherplant all in the same vegging room...

also im thinking about putting my motherplant into flower and then taking cuttings from one of my babies when they are a bit grown up...

any ideas would be greatly appeciated

Thanks

B MAN

Thanks

You can make a reflector yourself, I made mine out of white gloss PVC panelling ( had some off cut's lying around).

I have a veg space and flower space, so I can always stagger 2 small grows (3 plants each). If I want to take cuttings I can do it just before switching em. Only downside might be is If I have to wait for a slower plant. Though there's no reason why I couldn't move the plant's from veg to flower 1 at a time as space comes free. I figure it will give me the chance to try differant strains then rather than sticking to the same.
    Check out my grows 1st Homegrown (done) and Mellows going for gold

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Using that timer would be like wanking with a handful of razorblades.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MellowYellow For This Useful Post:

bannanaman (07-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
    You can make a reflector yourself, I made mine out of white gloss PVC panelling ( had some off cut's lying around).

I have a veg space and flower space, so I can always stagger 2 small grows (3 plants each). If I want to take cuttings I can do it just before switching em. Only downside might be is If I have to wait for a slower plant. Though there's no reason why I couldn't move the plant's from veg to flower 1 at a time as space comes free. I figure it will give me the chance to try differant strains then rather than sticking to the same.
    YEA MAN i hve another room for flowering too.. have a 400 w hps for that... its just im trying to figure the best way of using the lights i have for a really healthy high yielding plant...

is sidelighting important? i was looking to yeild hopefully 4 oz per plant

its a big buddha blue cheese..

Thanks

you can also use the lids of take out containers the cardboard ones with the shiney side somone on here did it and they said it worked fine
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

bannanaman (08-07-10)